Sunday, December 02, 2007

Snow Storm!

This past Friday, we went to Green Mill with Erica and Christopher, Ryan and Leslie and Nick's roommate, Nills. Brandon and I got there first and when Erica and Christopher showed up, we had to laugh because Brandon and Erica were twins (see the pic below!). We ate a lot of yummy food and then went back to our place to play the Wii. We started playing all of thenew Wii games like tennis and bowling, but then once Brandon showed everyone that you could play the old original Nintendo games, everyone wanted to play those instead. We had a great night with everyone!
Twinkies (as Erica calls twins!) - wearing their matching red and gray shirts
Since Brandon and Erica got a picture together, so did Christopher and I even though we were not matching!
Ryan, Brandon not smiling because he is playing games and Christopher - yes, Brandon does share some of the time!
Leslie, Erica and I

On Saturday, we slept in which was very nice. It actually snowed all day so it was a good day to lounge around the house. I actually ventured out to go shopping with Katy and was impressed that I was able to drive in the snow since I do not like driving in this kind of weather. By the end of the day, there was probably at least 8 inches on the ground. However, with the freezing rain that night, the roads were very slippery and all of the cars were frozen when we woke up to go to church on Sunday. Thankfully, only one side of our car was covered in ice (I am not sure how that happened!) but the parking lot was like a skating rink. We made it to church okay and got our grocery shopping done, but then stayed inside for the rest of the day. The thing about Rochester is, that since it does not get above freezing the whole winter, this snow will stay around forever unless they haul it away, so there are piles of snow everywhere!

The one side that was frozenThe car next to ours was completely frozenAll of the snow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice twinkies (both sets). The first snow is pretty, but it does get to be a pain if it hangs around.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Reminds me of the cars after our volleyball tournament!