This morning while Brandon played basketball with a bunch of medical students, I went and volunteered at Christmas Anonymous. You can click on the link to go the Christmas Anonymous website, but basically it is an oragnization set up to give families toys, clothing, food and other supplies for Christmas. It is like Toys for Tots but on a much larger scale. I think they said this organization helps 700 families and over 300 volunteers worked today at a local church. Wendi has some more information about it on her blog...I volunteered as an escort and was paired up with someone from a family and would hold a bag and let them know how many toys/pieces of clothing they could take for each chlid as we went through the well-organized line of tables (on two floors). The first mom that I escorted had seven children so another volunteer also helped out (Darlene in the picture below). The mom had twin 3 year old girls, 5, 7 and 13.5 boys and 15 and 17 year old girls. By the time we were done, she had picked out 6 huge bags worth of new and used toys, stocking stuffers, books, clothing and other supplies. It was a lot of fun to see all of the families getting so many things. The picture below is of Wendi & John who also volunteered. John is holding one of the orange bags that we used to put all of the things in.
Tonight we had our Christmas party for the Christian Medical & Dental Association bible study that we go to every Thursday night. It was at one of the doctor's house who leads the study. They served wonderful food and it was a fun night of fellowship. Some of us played Scene It, while others people played Settlers. We had a great time!







2 comments:
Christmas can be such a blessed time when we are provided with the opportunity to help others.
That sounded like so much fun! I wish I could have been at the xmas party too :) Hey Kristen-- how do you get the youtube videos on your site? I don't get why John is in a shirt and tie-- did he have to work that day??
Post a Comment