

Last night was the worst storm that we have had since living in Rochester. We were under a Tornado Watch and a Thunderstorm Warning for most of the night. I think it eventually calmed down around 1am or so. In case you are not familiar with the lingo, a "warning" is worse than a "watch" so at least we weren't under a Tornado Warning like most of the areas around us. Nick, Joy and Kenzie came over since they do not have a basement and it was really nice to have the company. We were lucky and our power didn't go out but I know that a lot of power was out in the area. Our cable and internet did go out though so I didn't get to watch the NBA game like planned....oh well.
On my way to work this morning, only a few miles away there were areas that looked like a tornado did come through (but I think it was just the strong winds - 70mph!) - trees down and a trailer even flipped over! Just to the west of us were confirmed tornados, some even demolished houses and flipped over cars. It was kind of crazy and I am thankful that we don't have any damage to our house and that we were all okay too. One good thing about the storm - we found out that we can fit 3 cars in our 2 car oversized garage!
JoAnn Fabrics





2 comments:
I'm so glad they were able to come over last night! I was worried about you!
Some storm. We are glad that all of you are safe and the house undamaged.
Post a Comment