Monday, August 27, 2012

Another Weekend with Dad!

This past Friday, we finally made it out to celebrate Brandon's birthday (a week late) at his choice of restaurant. He had help from Halle but chose the Cheesecake Factory (it is only 5 minutes from our place). Halle also helped him choose which cheesecake to get ("the brown one"!) and thoroughly enjoyed it as you can tell from the video which I thought was just a picture!

Brandon had Saturday and Sunday off too (yes, I am very thankful for this!) so we tried to take advantage of this time with Daddy. We went to the aquarium again on Saturday morning and caught two of the dolphin shows. They are only about 10-15 minutes each and they are different so it was  fun to see more than one show. The dolphins are definitely Halle's favorite. She is not quite sure what to think of the jelly fish (whom she calls "silly guys"). And, this time we made it to the Australian Reef exhibit and saw some neat birds, bats, snakes and crocodiles. A feather came off of a bird and Brandon happened to catch it and Halle was so proud to hold onto it! 

That night, we got a free pass to go bowling so we decided to give it a shot. Halle actually did pretty well at playing a whole game. They had a wooden piece where she could just push her ball down and she seemed to enjoy it. Plus, I couldn't get over how cute she looked in the smallest size bowling shoes that they had! Don't look too closely at the score, since I cheated and used the bumpers a couple of times (Brandon didn't!) and Halle had some major help with the wooden piece and the bumpers...but had to include her good score for her first time bowling!

On Sunday, we didn't do too much but we did venture out to the grocery store where Halle got to use her own grocery cart. This was definitely the highlight of her day! We then met up with one of the other visiting residents and his wife and son, who were visiting, for some Thai food. I think I have only ate Thai food once before but I thought the Pad Thai was actually really good!


My feather!








First time using her own grocery cart and she loved it! It was her choice to wear her hat...she loves wearing hats and sunglasses!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Halle, you are talented in so many ways. You are a bowler, dolphin watcher, shopper, and cheesecake chooser extraordinaire.

WanderingLili said...

Oh ny goodness those bowling shoes are the cutest EVER!! You all stay so busy! You've done more in the last 2 and a half months than we've done in the last 3 and a half years! =) We will sure miss you and I can't believe your time here is almost over. =(