Sunday, August 24, 2008

MN State Fair

We went to the MN State Fair yesterday in St. Paul, MN with Bekah and Jeff. It was a perfect day to be outside. It was in the mid 70's and not humid at all! We arrived to the fair around 1pm and after Bekah sheared a sheep and milked a cow (which I had done a couple of years ago) we started to hit up all of the fair food. We tried to take a picture of everything we consumed yesterday but as it got later in the evening I kept forgetting to take pictures. We all split whatever we got so that we could try a lot of things. Here is a list of what we all ate: cheese curds, deep fried ravioli, french fries, deep fried Milky Way, deep fried Reeces Peanut Butter Cups, deep fried Oreos, big fat bacon, cookies, corn dog, all you can drink milk, Icee, brownie, Nitro ice cream, gyro, steak burrito, chicken quesadilla, deep fried smore, cotton candy and a caramel apple. I am probably forgetting something but I think that is quite a bit! Eating took up most of our time but we also saw some of the animals, a timberjack show and we even brushed our teeth in the middle of the day at an Aquafresh station which actually felt pretty good!

Brandon is on call today so I went to church with Rachel and Hans this morning. Afterwards, I drove by some houses that I have been looking at online (I am dreaming!) and then went grocery shopping. It is a super nice day again today so I am about to go on a walk with Rachel. Then I should probably get to work on our house since laundry, dishes and dust are waiting to be cleaned! Hope everyone has a good Sunday!

Bekah and IJeff, Bekah, Me and Brandon
Waiting in line to milk a cowJust some of the pictures of all of our fair foodThe toothbrush station
Bekah sheared a sheep at the fair!
Watching the timberjack show - Anna and Eric met up with us to watch it too

On our way out with our last food purchase
On the bus back to our car

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Friends sharing fried foods at the MN fair. Does it get any better than that? (Obaa and Ojii)

Anonymous said...

awesome pics!! :-)

TAV said...

ha ha. i love the food montage and the sheep picture! :) CA state fair does not compare-- i'm not even going to go this year!

cassi said...

Kristen, I am in awe at all that food you ate- love it!

Anonymous said...

I like the video - good touch. I am sick just looking at the list of food you ate :)