Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Results Are In...

Cost of residency application: $500?
Traveling for interviews: $5000?
Almost finding out where you matched through an email on your phone before they handed out the envelopes...
Opening the envelope to find out that you matched at MAYO: priceless!

Match Day was a nice event at the Foundation House and I will make sure I explain it later but since I am going back to work this is all I have time for. And, if you are in Rochester, Brandon will be on KTTC this evening!!

14 comments:

A Family Affair said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Cute post, Kristen! By the time you guys are done in MN, you will be wearing shorts all year round. =)

Unknown said...

Thank goodness. The blessings of the Lord are new every morning (and also at noon on this special day).

Erica said...

Thanks for the text and CONGRATULATIONS!!! I have been email stalking you for a while now so sorry about that. haha Call me later!! I want to talk to you about it all! Bottom line, though -I'm glad I don't have to spend my last year in Rochester (maybe) without you!

cassi said...

Cute post Kristen!! Congratulations again!!!

Katie Nikolaus said...

Congrats, you two! What an accomplishment! I'm glad you are staying. We need to hang out soon!

Jen said...

Congrats guys! I waited all afternoon for Andrew to send me the Match List so I could find out where everyone is going. So glad that is over and now everyone can make plans! I'm happy you guys are staying for a few more years! :)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

YIPPPEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emily said...

Congratulations to you both! I completely understand what a relief it is to finally know and be able to make plans. Bryce matched UC Davis!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!! I am so happy for you. I am delighted that we will be able to see more of you in the next couple of years.

Laurie said...

Congrats Brandon and Kristen! With how long you're going to be there, I'll definitely have to come back sometime! I'm sure it's a huge relief to know and be happy with the result!

TAV said...

CONGRATS!!!! But BRRRRRR!
Who's this person who knows someone going to UC Davis??

Allison and Jared said...

Congratulations!!

Allison and Jared said...

Here he is! http://www.kttc.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=3566259&h1=Match%20day&vt1=v&at1=News&d1=182133&LaunchPageAdTag=Search%20Results&activePane=info&rnd=89254997

Missie said...

I'm sooo happy for you BOTH! What a great match! Now, Matt and I will have to BOTH come out to see you at the Mall of America as long as you two promise to come skiing in Utah sometime :) Congratulations again!!!!!