Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Girls Weekend in Chicago!

A lot of girls from our medical school bunko group got together in Chicago over Labor Day Weekend. Katy and Jill came from Ohio, Bekah came from Utah, Tracy came in from California and Beth drove down from Wisconsin. Jen, Cassi, Erica and I flew out of Minneapolis and had some fun adventures traveling together. It was a fun weekend with lots of stories but I will only tell the first one that comes to mind since it was pretty funny: While we were walking to Giordano's pizza on Friday night, Erica got excited because she saw the "Self" sign for what she thought was the magazine and Bekah got excited too and screamed that she loved that magazine...well, when we got closer, it was just a Self Park sign! (see the picture below).

Katy came in late Friday night and both Beth and Tracy arrived on Saturday. We had a great time shopping, eating out, seeing fireworks and just hanging out together. It was hard to say goodbye to the girls that are no longer in Rochester but I hope we get to do something like this each year. Cassi and Erica also posted other pictures on their blogs... but there are a lot of pictures below too!

On the train from the airport to downtownIn front of what they thought was "Self" magazine!Giordano's Chicago pizza...yummy!Dessert after pizza - we were going to just buy a whole cake to eat but they didn't have the flavor we wanted...Cute little Jill who was a trooper over the weekend - she fit right in with the girls!It was SO good to see Katy and JillEnjoying the nice weatherThe Hancock BuildingBekah next to the American Girl, Rebecca - the American Girl store is amazing and if I have a girl some day, I would love to take her there!Jill trying on clothes just like us!Shopping!Waiting at Grand Lux Cafe for dessertMe, Bekah and BethCassi and I ended up with 2 free desserts because we ordered a molten lava cake and the first one they made broke and the next one they made was over cooked so there was no lava!It was fun to see Tracy who just got engaged to Sujit, one of Brandon's med school classmatesWe surprised Tracy and Cassi with cupcakes since Tracy just got engaged and Cassi is expecting a little girl in Nov.The cupcake place was an amazing bakery!All of us girls - Beth, Jen, Me, Cassi, Katy with Jill, Erica, Bekah and TracyWe got all of the bellmen to help us take pictures - they were good sports!
Dinner at a Thai restaurant before watching fireworks
Watching the firework show at Navy Pier on Sunday night
It was fun to see a firework show put to music and Jill aboslutely loved it!Our last meal with Katy... I hope I can visit her sometime in Ohio

5 comments:

Joia said...

This looks like it was soooo much fun! What a Huge group of gorgeous girls! =)

You Have to tell your friend, Cassi, she is THE BEST dressed pregnant person Ever!! =)

cassi said...

Fun pics Kristen!

p.s. Now I don't know you Joia, but you are now my best friend :)

cassi said...

And Kristen- I still love that curly hair-do of yours!

Unknown said...

Your hair is beautiful. In fact, all of the ladies are beautiful. Such a great idea to see good friends.

Erica said...

Must have been that cute green jacket, Cassi!! :) Just kidding. I think it's because you are just so cute. And I also like Kristen's curly hair!- although I'm pretty sure she didn't!! ha