A couple of weekends ago, one of Brandon's classmates, Trevor and his girlfriend Diana, had everyone over to watch some college football games. They were able to use their apartment's party room which was perfect...there were bbq's outside, and a lot of seating inside in front of a huge tv. It was fun getting to know some of the other spouses and Brandon was able to relax and watch football with his buddies.
Katie, Me, Maggie with Eva, Diana, Nicole, Laura with Maggie's little girl Mackenzie and JenLast weekend, Brandon and I got to watch Adam while Cassi was in the Cities and Nick was working. He is 3 and I can't believe how smart he is. He also has quite the imagination which is fun. I took him to the park and we played "Ice Cream Shop" and went down slides. He also loves playing with our air hockey table and is pretty good too!
Adam would celebrate with his arms up after scoring!
After watching Adam, we went over to one of the orthopedic consultant's house for a party. They have a really nice house and an area to shoot clays. They have an annual clay shooting tournament which I didn't realize, but is pretty serious! There were a lot of people there since it was for the whole department and I was so impressed with how they decorated and know how to throw a wonderful party. Brandon took a couple of shots at some clays once the tournament ended and was pretty good considering he has only shot a bb gun.
This past Friday night, Erica and I had a fun little shopping trip up to the Cities. We only went to one store but found a lot of deals. We shopped so much that we had to grab a quick dinner that consisted of a blizzard and a pretzel that we split! We had a lot of fun.
Here are some other updates in our lives...
- I have now started back into all of my fall activities - women's volleyball on Monday's, bible study on Tuesday's and co-ed volleyball on Wednesday's
- Brandon will be playing on a basketball team and our co-ed volleyball team when he is able to make it
- I have a large conference coming up on Thursday and Friday (Oct. 1-2) that I have been planning for a year or so
- I leave next Sunday to go to Orlando for another week of conferences that we planned but am super excited because my mom is coming with me and we are staying at a brand new hotel that opens on Oct. 1st!
- I then get to go home for a week to celebrate my grandma's 90th birthday and Isaac's retirement...Brandon will join me the last weekend I am there for his dad's party
- The soy beans in the field behind our house have been harvested so it is not as pretty in our backyard, however, we still have beautiful sunsets
- The weather the past couple of weeks has been gorgeous - 70/80's and sunny which is nicer than our summer was but the past couple of days it has been rainy (which we needed) and right now, the wind is howling like crazy with thunderstorms (I am glad Brandon is home with me!)



7 comments:
I haven't read your blog in a long time, but it's always great to come back and see what you've been up to! Blake and his family live in Forest City, IA now, which I think is only about an hour from you, so if I ever come back to visit I'll be sure to let you know!
Great to see pictures of what you've been up to! Hope your conference goes well this week!
Thanks so much for watching Adam for us! Actually, before we even looked at your blog today, after Adam woke up this morning, he told me how he likes your hockey table and he thinks we should get one too. I told him we wouldn't have a place to put it, but he found a nice space in our bedroom where he thinks it will fit :)
Good luck at your conference!! And I'm glad Brandon is on a new rotation that won't be so busy!
Looks like you have been BUSY!! Good luck with your big conference!! ps... your hair is adorable!
looks like i missed out on a lot of fun!! i need to start spending more time with all you girlies!
P.S. too. I was just showing Nick Adam's video and noticed your cute hair too! Did you just get it done? It's super cute.
Exciting days ahead. Enjoy Orlando with your mom. Both of you deserve a rotation with some time off. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Post a Comment