I have been keeping myself busy while he is at the hospital, however, last night as I was mowing the lawn I did feel kind of lonely. However, Erica and Christopher surprised me by bringing over dinner (without knowing that I was kind of down). I felt so blessed and truly appreciated their kindness. Thank you so much Erica and Christopher!
Anyways, back to our vacation. After leaving Hilton Head, we drove 45-60 min. to Savannah. It was a good day to leave Hilton Head because it was raining. When we arrived in the afternoon, we took a trolley tour of the town so that we could see everything in the half day that we had. It was a very historic town and I loved the character of the houses. It is built around parks which were so pretty. After the tour, we walked around downtown and ate at Paula Deen's restaurant, the Lady and Sons. I didn't think we would be able to eat there since you usually have to get in line at 9:30am to get your name on the list, however, we arrived at around 5pm and didn't have to wait at all. It was fun to have a southern meal of fried chicken, potatoes, corn on the cob, biscuits and banana pudding (though Erica's is much better than Paula's)! But, I am not sure if I would recommend it since I think you pay more for a simple buffet since it is Paula Deen's. I was amazed by how even the veggies were soaked in so much butter (hence the picture of the shirt below!).
The next morning, we drove to Jacksonville and met Joy and Nick for lunch at Chili's near the airport. It was fun to see them again before leaving. I just have to end with this funny story that happended on the way back home - even though, Brandon just had his 26th birthday, the flight attendant on the plane had to ask him how old he was to see if he could sit in the exit row. If you don't know how old you have to be to sit there, I will tell you...you only have to be 15!! I was tempted to tell her that he is a doctor but Brandon wouldn't have been happy with me so instead I just laughed. I guess it is better to look younger than older!



5 comments:
Oh Kristen! We should have hung out tonight! I almost called you to see if you wanted to grab some ice cream at Culvers. Hope he got home early tonight??!!
I love that story of Brandon on the plane- I can't believe that!
Your pictures look so beautiful!!
Poor Brandon! I hope this rotation goes fast and that he gets some sleep soon!
Looks like such a wonderful vacation!
Great pictures. Once again, I think you look so cute in all of them! Good imitation of Forrest Gump, Brandon! :)
An interesting trip in a unique city. Kristen, you always give interesting comments. At least Brandon was awake on the bench. And that is all I have to say about that.
Great pics, Kristen! I visited a few of those places while doing a rotation in JAX!
Tell Brandon that all gets better after intern year!
Post a Comment