I meant to post last week but I got too busy with work. My conference last week on Thursday and Friday went very well. We had about 180 people and it was in Rochester. The course directors were so sweet and surprised me with a bouquet of flowers at the end of the conference in front of the whole audience...it was very unexpected!
My mom left this morning so I will be here tonight by myself and then will leave right after the conference tomorrow afternoon to go home to Oregon for a week to celebrate my grandma's 90th birthday and then Isaac's retirement the next weekend. Even though I don't want to leave the hot weather in Orlando, I am really excited to go home and see family.
In other news, I was not joking in my last post when I said the wind was howling. That night, I was doing laundry and Brandon came down and told me that our table was missing. I was confused because I thought he was talking about the kitchen table but then I realized he was talking about the table on our deck. I went out there and the wind was so strong that it had blown our table away. So, Brandon went out at 11pm to look for it with a flash light. He found part of it against our neighbors house but couldn't find the larger part. When he finally gave up and came inside he found it in the middle of the street on his way in from the garage! That is amazing to me that the wind carried it from the back of our house to the front.
Parts that were found in our backyard
The rest of the table that was in the street
So, needless to say the weather in Rochester has turned very cold. I even heard it was supposed to snow this Sunday. I am glad that I am in Orlando instead! Brandon is at home though so he is in the cold weather. This is just payback for when I was by myself last winter in Rochester when he was sending me sunny pictures of himself in San Diego! Just kidding! I wish he could be in the warmer weather but I will get to see him at home for his dad's retirement.
Last week, Erica and I apparently both thought it was a good idea to wear sweater vests to bible study so I had to take a picture!
Last week, Erica and I apparently both thought it was a good idea to wear sweater vests to bible study so I had to take a picture!



5 comments:
Kristen - I am so happy your conferences went (are going) well! You are so great at your job!
That wind is POWERFUL! Always fun to hunt for things in the middle of the night :)
Have a great trip to Oregon... miss you!
Allison
How sweet about the flowers!
I am so sad about your table too!
Have a great rest of your time in Orlando- that sounds fun to be in a new hotel! And have a great time in Oregon!
Come back soon!!
I'm having Kristen withdrawals!! ha This is the longest I have gone without seeing you in a while, I think! The picture made me happy, though. :) Hope you have a great trip home!! See you when we both get back!
We look forward to seeing you soon.
It's probably great to get in some last minute summer weather before the cold arrives in Rochester!
Enjoy your time back in Eugene (yummy food!!!) and congratulations to your grandmother for her birthday and Issac for his retirement. What milestones!
Post a Comment