After coming back from Black Butte, I got to spend from Monday-Thursday with my family at home (isn't it weird that I still consider Eugene home even though I have been in Rochester now over 4 years!). Anyway, it was so good to spend time with family. The fall colors were also gorgeous so I tried to take as many opportunities as I could to be outside. One day, I took their little dog, Bailey, on a walk to my grandma's house. It is funny because he knows exactly where to go to get to her house (she only lives about a 1/4 of a mile away!). Another day, my dad and I took him walking along the river. It was so nice to just walk and be outside for an hour. My mom and I also had a fun day together of shopping. We headed up to the outlets and then to Portland where I was able to have dinner with Karissa, a good friend that I grew up with. It was fun to see her and to see her house...when we are usually in town, I don't have time to go up to Portland so it was great to be able to so that. Other than that, I spent the week relaxing and hanging out with family.
On Thursday night, Brandon, Joy and Nick all arrived so I headed over to the Yuan's place for the rest of the weekend. On Friday, we had lunch with their grandparents, Norm and Joyce, and then we took a walk before having dinner with my family at a Mexican restaurant. We all miss good Mexican food since Rochester doesn't have any good restaurants. Then on Saturday, we got professional pictures taken of us as a gift for Isaac's retirement. The photographer placed some on her blog so you can click
here to see them. I thought that was a great idea of Joy to get photos taken and I think they turned out pretty well. That night, we went to Isaac's retirement party. It was a very nice evening - a social hour, dinner, speeches and a cute video from Joy. Though we already knew how great of an anesthesiologist he was, it was neat to see how well respected he was by all of his peers and staff. Congratulations Isaac on retiring! You deserve it!

The street in front of our house was full of colorful trees

Bailey gets spoiled and even gets taken shopping! Here he is helping my dad pick out pumpkins!

The pumpkins were as big as he is!

Lunch at PF Chang's - my grandma's favorite restaurant

Walking with my dad

The Willamette River


Lunch with Norm and Joyce

Brandon and his dad comparing Isaac's notes that he took during residency!

More fall colors on a walk

Isaac, Nick and Brandon excited for the picture taking
!
These are not from the professional - we just wanted to take some of our own
!
Brandon putting out the vibe - I think this should be our Christmas card, don't you?!?

Joy and I

I thought this professional picture was funny

My grandma, Joyce and Norm at Isaac's retirement party


Joy and Nick

Isaac and Lagaytha


His fellow anesthesiologists surprised him with a "Masters" green jacket!

Brandon and Joy with their grandparents

Brandon and I with my mom, dad and grandma
6 comments:
you HAVE to use the vibe picture for your Christmas picture!!!!!!!!!
Miss you!!!
It was great seeing you in Oregon for the festive occasion. The weather was so nice.
I still call Ft. lauderdale "home" and I haven't lived there in 14 years!!! Kinda weird of me I guess ...
I agree with Allison....haha....Brandon putting out the vibe is a Christmas card must! And if he doesn't like it, well, then he'll learn not to pose like that anymore. :)
Congratulations to Isaac!
Cute pictures too!!!
Loved all the pictures! Isaac's retirement party was wonderful! He is certainly loved and admired by all who know him! This community has been blessed by having him practice here! We are lucky to be related to him! ;)
Post a Comment