We had a great Halloween yesterday. It started off with being able to watch Adam during the day because Cassi had her little girl...Avery Kate! Congrats Cassi and Nick! It was so much fun to have Adam around. He ate breakfast with us, then we played with his police car, the talky-talky table (air-hockey!), hide and seek, watched some of Cars and then he helped me decorate some cookies after lunch. He is a great kid and is at a really fun age right now because he has such a great imagination. When he first came over, he only wanted to play with Brandon because he was "cooler" than me but we got to play with each other while Brandon studied and I don't think he cared! Nick and Cassi came by and picked him up in the afternoon after stopping by the mall (to get Avery a costume) on their way home from the hospital. Cassi amazes me that she was able to walk around in the mall after delivering a baby less then 2 days before! But, the costume was definitely worth it...a little flower with a lady bug on it!
That night, we had Erica and Christopher and Joy and Nick over for pizza. I was so excited to pass out candy and had even bought some Minnie Mouse ears while I was at Disney World, but we only had about 6 different groups...oh well! I know now that I can give out bigger candy bars next year instead of buying large bags of candy that now I will probably eat!
An orthopedic resident was throwing a costume party so after dinner we got our costumes ready. Erica and Joy did a great job with my hair...thanks girls! Someone even asked where I got my wig?!? Joy gave us the wonderful idea to go as Jon and Kate Gosselin (she told us this before Regis and Kelly stole our idea!). It actually worked out really well! Nick and Joy went as a nerdy business man and a mail order bride. It was fun to see some of the other costumes at the party too - there was a another Jon and Kate which we figured would happen!
After the party, we came home and fell asleep watching our recorded football game. What about them Ducks?!? I am so excited for them (expecially since I may get to go to the Rose Bowl if they end up going!). We also rememberd this year to set our clocks back so we got to take advantage of the extra hour of sleep which was nice.

Nick, Adam, Cassi and their new little girl, Avery

We carved one pumpkin this year - we were going to carve pumpkins on Thursday with Nick and Cassi but they had to take a rain check because they were at the hospital (not a very good excuse if you ask me!)

Our decorations outside! You can see the boo sign hanging in the window - we started that in our neighborhood

Brandon and Adam eating chocolate chip pancakes

The cookies we decorated

Buzz Light Year!

Every time a trick or treater came, I put on my Minnie Ears and of course, I had to wear my Oregon shirt because of the big game!

Christopher, Nick and Brandon

Jon and Kate - you can't see it but I also had the pictures of all 8 kids in a wallet photo book in my pocket and Brandon had some of his girlfriends in his! There are also 8 baby dolls around my arm...

The mail order bride and the nerdy business man!

Thanks Erica and Joy for doing my hair!

Some of Brandon's classmates at the party - Trevor aka Brad Pitt, Presley as a penguin, Tim aka Jon Gosselin as well, Chris aka a smurf and Jon Gosselin himself!

Some of the wives - Diana aka Angelina, Vicki aka a smurfette, Laura aka Dorothy, Kate Gosselin 1 and Rebecca as Kate Gosselin 2
6 comments:
I love your costumes!! What was the boo in the window?
I LOVE the costumes! You guys look just like them!
Thanks so much for watching Adam for us- it was a huge help! And for visiting us and the delicious treats- I have to have your pumpkin cookie recipe!
That's fun you started the boo in your neighborhood too.
Thanks for posting all of those wonderful pictures!! We all enjoyed them, so much fun you all had!! Did most of your neighbors participate in the "Boo" exchange??Love you so much, mom
Congrats to Cassi...I had no idea she was expecting.
Also, love the Jon and Kate costume. Y'all really pulled it off well.
Great ideas and preparation of the costumes. The nerd really lucked out with his mail order bride. Kristen and Brandon, are you really ready for a reality show?
Love, love, love your costumes!!! You guys really pulled it off!
Post a Comment