This year, I thought that I would try the Black Friday thing for the first time. I didn't have to work on Friday, I wasn't at home in Oregon and we don't have any kids so I thought this would be the perfect year to do it. Erica and I drove to the Medford, MN outlets at midnight...we thought that it would be easier to stay up late! When we arrived there was a line a mile long for Old Navy but we started at Nike and it really wasn't too crowded. By the time we made it around to other stores, the crowds really thinned out. I was surprised that I actually found a lot of gifts. Most of the stores were having an additional 20-30% of your entire purchase so we found some good deals.
We arrived back in Rochester around 4:15am. I slept for 30 minutes and then drove to meet Joy at Wal-Mart. On my way there, I was thinking that not very many people would be there, but boy was I wrong. The parking lot was completely full. I got there at 5:15 and the store opened at 5am! By the time I made it in one door and to the gardening section with the DVD's, all of the ones I wanted were gone. I was amazed at how crowded it was. We didn't find anything there so we headed over to Home Depot. People were waiting for the doors to open at 6am but we waited in the warm car until then. We did get one of the last two topiaries that were on sale so I was happy about that. Afterwards, we headed to Menards where the parking lot was completely full as well. We had to wait for a lady to leave before finding a spot and it almost got taken by another car who didn't see I was waiting (don't worry, I told them we were waiting and got the spot!). We did find a couple of things in the store but we had to wait in a long time. I finally got back home around 7:45am and slept until 1:30pm! I went out to the mall in the afternoon and did get my best deal of the day - a blouse for $2.67 at Macy's! I think I would do the outlets again sometime, but I am definitely staying away from the early morning shopping in future years!
We arrived back in Rochester around 4:15am. I slept for 30 minutes and then drove to meet Joy at Wal-Mart. On my way there, I was thinking that not very many people would be there, but boy was I wrong. The parking lot was completely full. I got there at 5:15 and the store opened at 5am! By the time I made it in one door and to the gardening section with the DVD's, all of the ones I wanted were gone. I was amazed at how crowded it was. We didn't find anything there so we headed over to Home Depot. People were waiting for the doors to open at 6am but we waited in the warm car until then. We did get one of the last two topiaries that were on sale so I was happy about that. Afterwards, we headed to Menards where the parking lot was completely full as well. We had to wait for a lady to leave before finding a spot and it almost got taken by another car who didn't see I was waiting (don't worry, I told them we were waiting and got the spot!). We did find a couple of things in the store but we had to wait in a long time. I finally got back home around 7:45am and slept until 1:30pm! I went out to the mall in the afternoon and did get my best deal of the day - a blouse for $2.67 at Macy's! I think I would do the outlets again sometime, but I am definitely staying away from the early morning shopping in future years!



8 comments:
looks like a great thanksgiving! great job with the shopping... you are dedicated!
I agree! The outlets were awesome, but maybe we shouldn't tell anyone because then the outlets will be crowded! :) Thanks for a fun Thanksgiving weekend!
David told me you were heading out at midnight, so I'm glad to hear it was a success! :) Congrats on getting so much of your Christmas shopping done and for finding such great deals! :)
I love that the turkey is holding a carrot and a celery!
Your table looks so pretty too!!
Thanks for letting us stop by- we had fun! And your chocolate pie is delicious!!!
Beautiful turkey and table. You ARE fortunate to have so many good friends (and shopping partners). We can vouch for that chocolate pie. Was it grandma's recipe?
OMG! I had the same reaction to pulling out the turkey neck as Brandon! What is THAT!!!! LOL.
Happy Thanksgiving guys!
Missie,
He was actually pretending to eat it but I was a little too late with the camera! But, our turkey did have two necks in it which was random! Hope you had a good Thanksgiving. Congrats again on the engagement!
You are so brave for trying the the Black Friday shopping!! I think I would definitely be too weak to stay up like that! Love your thanksgiving tablescape, by the way...
Post a Comment