Saturday, November 07, 2009

The Lights Are Up!

Thanks to the beautiful day we had today and Brandon having the day off, we were able to get the Christmas lights up. We tried to put them up a week ago but ended up not liking the lights we bought. Thus, we had a very successful day today - we got the correct lights, Brandon didn't get hurt putting them up and they are all hung and working!

We can't believe how warm it was. I think it was in the mid-60's and completely clear out. We even saw people in shorts, tank tops and flip flops. This is the warmest Nov. 7th we have had since we have moved to Rochester so we took full advantage and spent the afternoon outside.

It is fun to have a house to decorate for the holiday's. The lights look great and I am excited to get our very first Christmas tree. We have a lot of ornaments but have never had a tree to hang them on...I think I better wait until at least December to put the tree up though.


In other news, I got to babysit Rachel and Hans' little girl, Kaia, this past Thursday. Brandon was on call so it worked out perfectly. Kaia is a little over 3 months old and it was so fun to play with her. We played with her play gym, she slept for a little bit in her swing, then we looked at ourselves in the mirror for awhile - she likes that a lot and then we got her changed into her pj's before having some milk. Rachel arrived a little bit later and Kaia was happy to see her. Thanks Rachel and Hans for letting me watch her!

Playing in her gym

5 comments:

Rachel and Hans said...

Aww! Thanks for posting about Kaia! :-) She said she had LOTS of fun with you!

Great job on the lights, too!

c said...

The lights look great! It was fun seeing you guys for a bit today. I like the funny pic of Brandon on the roof!

Unknown said...

A perfect light day. Kristen, you have a wonderful way with the little ones.

Purdy Family said...

So great that you were able to put the lights up on a nice day! It is a lot more enjoyable then putting them up a a COLD or RAINY day! The house lights look great and you will really love them when you can keep them on all the time! Great work Brandon and Kristen!
Kaia is adorable....I bet it was so much fun to entertain her! ;) Love you both, mom

Missie said...

The lights look great! What fun! I actually put up a string this weekend, too, but was worried I might be too early! Guess I'm not the only one who's excited to put up holiday decorations!