Since it has been awhile since I last posted anything, I thought I would share the song that I have had stuck in my head for a long time. I heard it at church a month or so ago and I always remember the lyrics for some reason when Brandon is on call. I tend to worry even though I know I shoudn't, so I need to continously remind myself that God is in control and I don't need to be afraid of anything! You can probably tell that Brandon was on call last night!
In other news, I noticed a couple more things about living in Minnesota that I haven't noticed before:
1. The best time to run errands and not have to fight the little crowds that there are in Rochester, is when the Vikings are playing (especially in the playoffs!). I went out on Sunday to run some errands and the town looked deserted!
2. Apparently, 30 degrees is warm enough in the winter to use the barbeque. I saw two people on Sunday, including my next door neighbor standing outside grilling dinner! I agree that 30 degrees seems really warm when we had been used to negative temperatures, but warm enough to grill?? I don't think so!
3. The last couple of days we have had frost all over and it is really beautiful. I don't remember ever seeing this while living here..This morning all I could think of when I was driving to work was how amazing God is for giving us such beauty!



5 comments:
OK seriously, I call it "fluff", cuz it wasn't hard like frost. It was SO beautiful! Back on Valleyhigh Drive it looked like a painting! Also, I didn't wear a coat today...28 degrees! I love it!
haha Funny you said that about running errands when the Vikings played...I thought the same thing this past Sunday! Also, I agree..the trees have been stunning lately with all the pretty white outline just on the branches!
Thanks for posting that song. I've been going through a tough time lately and that song really touched my heart. :) Its good to know that God is in control and He has a plan!
Thanks for sharing reminders about God's creation and his guiding hand.
I loved all that pretty frost!!!
Post a Comment