Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Since Fred, our goldfish, is still living...

we thought that was a good sign that we could take care of another family member. So, we will have an addition to our family around July 25th! I am fifteen weeks and have been very blessed with barely any sickness. We are very excited and just had our third ultrasound today. Our doctor did make a guess on the sex, but we don't want to say anything yet until our big ultrasound later this month. Brandon wasn't able to make it to the appointment today so I am patiently waiting at home for him with an envelope for us both to open so we will both be surprised!

We were able to tell both of our families in person when we went home for Christmas. We told Brandon's parents by having them open our Christmas present which was a framed picture of the ultrasound with the words "I love Grandma and Grandpa" on the frame. They at first thought it was Joy's baby so were a little confused but caught on quickly. We did the same for Brandon's grandparents but they definitely thought it was Joy's baby so it took them a little longer and some hints to catch on!

I had arranged a professional photographer to take a picture of our whole family as a gift from us to the grandma's. On the last family picture, I had the photographer say, "On the count of three, everyone say Kristen's pregnant"! It took a few seconds for anyone to catch on and once they did, the photographer snapped away. It is so neat to have everyone's emotions captured. Down below are some of the pictures but more of the pictures and a cute story can be found on the photographers blog: Bethany Haile Photography. Affterwards, we all went to dinner and we gave my family frames of the first ultrasound picture. Thanks Cassi for making all of the frames...they are adorable and everyone loved them.

I have now had three ultrasounds - one at 8 weeks, one at 11 weeks and one today at 15 weeks. It is amazing how much the baby has grown each time. Today, I could clearly see the heart beating and it was even swallowing. Our doctor checked out everything and the baby is healthy so we feel very blessed. At our 11 week appointment, the baby was moving around a lot so I will post a video that we took in the next week or so...

Lagaytha and Isaac with me and their 2nd grandchild!Obaa and OjiiRight after the photographer said "On the count of three.."They catch on!Brandon just kept smiling!The photographer then told "grandma" to point to my tummy and after my mom told her mom to point, she then realized she was talking about her being the grandma!

My grandma's love the frames of their great-grandchildAll of the adorable frames Cassi made - thanks Cassi!The ultrasound at 11 weeks


24 comments:

Allison and Jared said...

I DON'T THINK I COULD POSSIBLY BE MORE EXCITED FOR YOU!

cassi said...

WAHOOOOO!!!! I think you already know just how EXCITED we are for you guys!

What cute pictures you have!

You two will be the greatest parents! Your little one is so lucky!

cassi said...

I just looked back at the photographers website- so cute!!

And I bet you are going crazy waiting to open that envelope!!!

cassi said...

Ok, just one more comment and then I'll stop. You look so cute in that first beginnings picture!!!

EC said...

Yah Kristen! I am so thrilled for you and Brandon. You will be such a wonderful Mama:) Enjoy this special time. I am so glad you are feeling well. My guess...boy!

Rachel and Hans said...

Best post ever!!

Automobile Birdsinger said...

I am SO EXCITED for you!!! Congrats!!!! Oh, I am just so happy for you guys!!!!!:)

Lori said...

Cassi sent me this post.....I'm so happy for you! You are going to be the best parents! I can't wait to hear what you are having! I love the way you told your family. I'm going to definitely be watching your blog for updates and more cute pictures!

Joia said...

Congratulations!!!! Soooo very exciting! I love reading news like this! So happy for you two! =)

Purdy Family said...

You know how excited WE are Kristen!!! :) I'm also VERY HAPPY that we now allowed to tell all of our friends and family!! I love how you did the blog, so cute! Take good care of yourself, and our first grandchild!! We love all 3 of you, and of course, Fred. Your extremely happy and proud grandparents to be,
mom and Dad P.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! So happy for you both!

inkyfamily said...

I am so excited for you guys! Love all the pictures! You look so cute! I am loving how Brandon smiled at the camera the whole time! That was such a great idea! I know you guys will be AWESOME parents! Can't wait to see more updates!
Jenni (Cassi's sister)

Jen said...

Kristen i'm so happy for you! How exciting! I can't wait to hear what you guys are having! :)

Marci said...

I know I already told you, but Congratulations again! I'm so excited for you and Brandon, you will be GREAT parents!!!

Mauri said...

SO EXCITING! Love how you told your family with the photographer's help! Your mom's expressions are priceless!!! I can't wait for you to spill the beans!!!

Missie said...

Again, we are so excited for you guys! I can't wait to see more pictures. Either way, it will be a beautiful baby with great parents! Congratulations!

Erica said...

I have been waiting on this post for a while, missy!!!!!! I LOVED the pictures!!! I think it's going to have a head full of dark hair. I can't wait to meet "baby Aiden.." or wait...maybe "Baby Alexis." :)

A Family Affair said...

YAY! A huge congratulations to you both! How very exciting! You two will be GREAT parents- I love the way you decided to tell your families, too cute! Congrats again!!

Krista Marie said...

Soooo Exciting!!!!

Unknown said...

We love the way that you let us learn the wonderful news.

Ryan and Leslie said...

Super cute pics!!! We are so excited for you guys!

David and Lesley said...

I second Rachel's comment - best post ever! :) You are so creative! I can't wait to meet your little one. :)

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You two will make wonderful parents! :)

TAV said...

Kristen and Brandon - Great news!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!