Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Home for Christmas & The Rose Bowl!

Brandon and I were blessed to be able to go home and see our families over Christmas. Brandon got 5 days off so he was home until he had to leave on Christmas Day. Fortunately, his parents were able to travel back with him to spend the next week in Rochester. Since I had to be off from work anyway, I was gone for almost 2 weeks! We spent one week at home and then I drove with my family down to LA for the Rose Bowl. It was a long drive (15 hours) with lots of stops, but we eventually made it down there. It was fun to spend time with both families and to be in some warmer weather. We also got to see some of our friends which was nice. Here are some pictures from the last couple of weeks...sorry for so many!

With Brandon's parents and grandparentsBrandon and his dad at the lot they are looking atBrandon playing with what was inside his "secret" present! Each year, Isaac rigs a present to trick Brandon and this year when Brandon moved his gift, water shot out of it!Brandon and his mom with her new Mayo Orthopedic shirtWith my grandma Mary K.My parents Christmas treeOpening presents with Brandon on Christmas EveGrandma Lil with my mom's dog, BaileyGrandma Mary K. with the book of her 90th birthday that we gave herIsaac, Lagaytha, Brandon and IMy sister, Renee and her husband, Jeff with my brother, KyleMy mom and grandmaMy dadI made a request to stop at In-N-Out on our way to LA!Soaking up the 70 degree sunny weather while in LA!! Just a tad bit different than the negative temperatures that I arrived back to...Kyle and DadWe didn't go to the Rose Parade but we saw some of the floats the day beforeDwight, Phila (my grandpa's brother's wife), Barb and Mary K.Dinner at Morton's Steakhouse on New Year EveThe Rose Bowl StadiumOn our way to the tailgaterMy sister and IMy mom and I enjoying the food before the game - we got there at 10am when the game was at 2pm!Missie and I - it was so much fun to meet up with her and her now fiancee, Matt who Brandon and I both went to highschool with!It was so much fun being at an Oregon football game - that is one thing I really do miss besides family and friends of course!
Kyle and I at the game
The stadium was packed!
The sunset towards the end of the game - it made losing easier to take!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good pictures.

Dad

Rachel and Hans said...

great photos! the rose bowl looks like so much fun!

there is an "in and out" burger right down the street from us. is it worth it? i had been wanting to try it!

David and Lesley said...

Loved your post! In N'Out - good decision. :)

cassi said...

What fun!!! We missed you over Christmas though!

Glad you got to go to the Rose Bowl. And I LOVE in-n-out!

Unknown said...

Great to be in warm weather before the return to negative temps. We enjoyed being with you during the holiday season.

Marci said...

oooh, In and Out Burger, I am so jealous!!! Love all your pics!