Monday, October 18, 2010

First Trip Home!

We took our first trip home this past weekend. Brandon was in his good friend, Chris, wedding so it was a great opportunity for Halle to meet her great-grandparents and see her grandparents again. We left Wednesday night and Halle did great on her first plane ride. She slept for the majority of it and when she wasn't sleeping she was happy. On Thursday, Halle got to meet Gigi, her great grandma, and Norm and Joyce, her other great grandparents. It was a busy day of seeing family, the new lot that Brandon's parents are building on and celebrating my grandma's 91st birthday!! On Friday, we headed up to Portland for the wedding festivities. But I managed to squeeze in a quick visit with Karissa in the mother's lounge at Nordstrom (things have definitely changed since having a baby!)! Halle got to see Karissa again and hear all about her wedding plans for next summer.

That night was the first night we have left Halle with a babysitter. Brandon's parents watched her while we went to the rehearsal dinner. I guess Halle was great for them and I am sure they made her very comfortable. Missie and Matt, good friends from high school, were at the dinner and it was really fun to spend time with them. On Saturday, we went to the wedding while my parents watched Halle. They also did a great job and I guess Halle did great for them too! I am glad to know that she can do well with babysitters so that we can start having some date nights. We got back last night and Halle was an awesome traveler. She ate on take off, slept the whole flight, ate on landing, was awake and happy until we got to our car and then was asleep the whole ride down from MSP.

She had been sleeping about 12 hours over night for a few weeks before we left for home and she did pretty well while we were there and fairly well again last night even with switching time zones. We feel so blessed to have such a wonderful baby!!

Thanks to our parents for all of the help while we were at home!

Halle and I at the MSP airportGigi and Halle for the first time - 90 years age difference!!Norm and Halle meeting for the first time!Halle meeting her great grandparentsJoyce's little bumble bee!
Halle smiling at Norm!
Halle flashing a huge smile - Brandon finally caught it on camera - she has really been smiling a lot!
Unfortunately, Halle has been sucking on her thumb which I am not a fan of since I was a thumb sucker...Brandon, Isaac and Dwight at the new lot
Halle holding hands with both of her grandma's
The Purdy Family with Halle
Grandma with her brag book of Halle
Celebrating Gigi's 91st birthday!!

Our first night without Halle

It was fun to see Missie
Halle with her great babysitters!

Seeing Karissa again which was so much fun!

Our 2nd night without Halle at the wedding

Matt, Missie, Molly, Chris, Me and Brandon

Missie meeting Halle for the first time - my parents came by the wedding so that a few people could meet her - she looks like a natural Matt!! ;)

Trish, my godmother, also getting to meet Halle
Some more wonderful babysitters and Halle was obviously sad to leave them!!Halle on the airplane - she was an angel!

3 comments:

Jessica SG said...

I love her smile! So glad you guys had a good vacation, and that Halle was good for you guys on the flights!

Unknown said...

Halle was such a delight. We look at the pictures and remember the good time with all of you.

cassi said...

Kristen, I am so glad you have such a good baby! You definitely deserve it!! She is just so CUTE! I love that smile of hers. Ok, now I need to see her again that you are back...soon!