Saturday, October 09, 2010

Fall

The weather this past week has been absolutely beautiful. In fact, as I write this it is in the 80's outside!! On Thursday, I arranged a little visit to one of the local orchards to get some pictures of Halle at the pumpkin patch. Though she slept for the first half, it was fun to meet some of the ladies there. I had to wake Halle up to get some pictures of her with the pumpkins. Thanks to Mauri I got a couple of good ones of her...I am still practicing with our new camera. If anyone knows any good tutorials for how to use Aperture on the Mac, please let me know! I would love to start being able to edit the pictures I take...

We are headed to a dinner tonight at one of the Orthopedic Consultants house. We have been working on giving Halle a bottle since we are going home next week and our parents will be babysitting Halle while we are at a wedding, so I am hoping I can maybe give her one tonight with some formula. We tried last night when we went out to a restaurant with the Orme's and it didn't go so well. Let's hope for better luck this time! She does take a bottle with breastmilk so we just have to get her to like some formula every once in awhile... However, we think she may have caught Brandon's cold and isn't feeling well so if she doesn't take it tonight, that could be a reason why.. Now that I am completely rambling, I will finish with some of the most recent pictures of our precious girl. We are very excited to go home next week so that our parents and grandparents can see Halle!

Annabelle and Halle playing!Halle admiring her dadShe looks so big in her car seat now!We put her in the bumbo now a few times a day to work on her neck muscles!
Her daddy loves holding her right when he comes home from work!
She likes to play after she eats - Lagaytha made these adorable shoes and we borrowed them from Kenzie!





Tummy time - I have to put her on the boppy or she rolls over!

Last night, we tested the smoke detector downstairs and didn't realize it makes all of them go off (even the one in our room where Halle is sleeping) and this is how we found her...still asleep but she obviously got startled (both her arms and legs) and stayed in that position!!

7 comments:

Jessica SG said...

Halle is so adorable! We had a great time at the orchard!

Joy said...

What great photos Kristen! I especially love the one of you and Halle at the pumpkin patch...you look great! I can not believe how much she has grown over the last few weeks. She is such a precious baby.

Purdy Family said...

So happy to discover more pictures on your blog! They are all adorable!! Can't wait to hold her and love her up! ;) Just 4 more days! Love you, mom

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Kristen, have you tried mixing breast milk and formula to get her more "used" to do the different "flavor." My boys didn't need to do this but our doctor recommended it. If she's taking a bottle just not the "flavor", I'd try it.

Ryan and Leslie said...

What a cutie!!!

cassi said...

I love those pumpkin pictures! She is so cute!!!

Unknown said...

The pictures in the pumpkin patch are precious. We love seeing Halle smile.