Thursday, February 24, 2011

Halle is 8 Months Old!

Halle turned 8 months old yesterday and I can't believe it. She is just growing up way too fast! She is changing everyday and is so much more aware of things around her and wants to find out what everything is by putting things in her mouth! She is still so sweet and loves to smile at us. Poor little girl was fussy yesterday afternoon and I know why now...she got a stuffy nose last night, woke up with a 101.6 fever at 2am and then today her tummy has also been a little upset. I am hoping that she gets a good nights rest and is feeling better in the morning. Thank goodness for Tylenol! Happy 8 Months Halle...we love you so much!

In her sporty spice outfit!It was hard to get pictures of her because she just kept playing with the shoelaces..."Mom, I picked it up!"Going in for the kill...Obviously she doesn't wear shoes often...she thinks they are a teether!Once I took the shoes off, she was less distracted!"Mom, did you know there was a duck next to me?""It's pretty fun to cuddle with!"

Halle at 8 Months:
  • Likes putting things over her head and then taking them down real quick!
  • Loves watching us drink things - at first we thought she liked to see what was in our glasses but it doesn't even matter if she can see what is in it or not
  • Squeezes her hands and pants when she gets excited
  • Her favorite foods right now are pears & blueberries and vanilla yogurt. I can usually get her to eat peas and green beans when I mix them with orange veggies but the one food she doesn't like is peaches of all things!
  • Eats the most at breakfast - always has oatmeal and some sort of fruit mixed into it
  • Wears mostly still 3-6 month clothes but is now starting to wear 6-12 month pants and sleepers; size 1-2 shoes
  • Just moved into size 3 diapers so they are still pretty big
  • Is still sitting with a boppy or pillow behind her for when she occasionally tips over
  • Is now sleeping on her tummy
  • Has definitely found her voice - she can be very loud when she wants to and grunts/yells when she wants more of something
  • Has just now put herself on a fairly consistent schedule and is napping in her crib - she sleeps 11-13 hours at night (usually around 7pm-7-8am), then naps for an hour or so after she has been up for a little over an hour, then will nap in the early afternoon from 30-60 min and then will sometimes take another nap before dinner
  • She is nursing about 4 times a day and eats breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Has two teeth - her bottom front teeth
  • Sucks her thumb and rubs her eyes when she is tired and will soothe herself to sleep
  • Has a lot more hair and her normal headbands are not working quite as well with so much hair!
  • Has been on 4 trips on an airplane - 1. Oregon in October, 2. Oregon in December, 3. Phoenix, AZ in January, 4. San Diego in February
  • Rotates on her tummy and rolls over a lot but no crawling yet - she does a "superman" where she puts up both her arms and legs so she is getting a workout
  • Likes things with tags on them

7 comments:

David and Lesley said...

Cute pictures, Kristen!! I can't believe how big she is getting. :) Can't wait to see you guys!

Jessica SG said...

I love seeing her sitting up! So cute! Kristen, appreciate that she's sleeping so good at night...not all babies are like that :)

Joy said...

Halle I love that outfit on you. You look like a natural athlete...a cute athlete at that.

Purdy Family said...

I was wondering when Halle was going to notice the Duck!
When are you going to let her see what the duck can do?
;). Do you think she will be afraid of it? Be sure to get a video of it.. :) She is SO adorable and such a good baby! Happy 8 months old Halle. We sure love you! Nana & papa

Anonymous said...

Those poor Duckies are shrinking!!
Love, Papa

Unknown said...

She is really growing. The duck is now the small one. She is such a sweet, wonderful baby.

Jen said...

Aww she is so cute! She looks like she has grown up quite a bit since I saw her last.