Monday, May 30, 2011

Trip to Oregon & Karissa's Bridal Shower

This post is late but I have been so busy since I got back, that I haven't had time to catch up on blogging. Halle and I traveled home a couple of weeks ago to surprise one of my good friends, Karissa, at her bridal shower. My mom, another good friend, Evynne and her mom, Karen, and I hosted the shower for Karissa at my parents house and it was a lot of fun. The shower was very elegant and it was great to catch up with friends. Karissa and her mom were both very surprised and I am so glad that I was able to be home for it. I usually miss out on things like this since we live so far away but now that I am not working, I decided to try and travel by myself. It was a lot more tiring to travel with Halle now that she is mobile but it was definitely worth it to spend time at home with family and friends.

We spent the first part of the week getting ready for the shower and then after the shower we relaxed and spent time with family. My sister came home to see us which was really sweet of her. It was fun for her to spend time with Halle and she also helped out a lot with the shower. Halle also got to see great-grandma Gigi and great-grandparents, Obaa and Ojii. She got spoiled with new clothes from everyone and some new toys too. Both Nana and Papa thought that she should have a new toy after she was diagnosed with ear infections at the end of our trip!

I was also spoiled and got to choose wherever or whatever I wanted to eat. This included plenty of trips to Baskin Robbins, Papa's Pizza and Mexican Food, along with my parents steak and salmon which I always miss! Thankfully, I was able to fit in 3 runs which felt nice since I usually just work out at home while Halle naps. Plus, I love being outside on the NW weather.

We had a great time being at home...Halle even started saying "Dog" and fell in love with my parents dog, Bailey. She wasn't so sure at first since he would lick her but by the end of the trip he was the one watching out for her and her little hands that seemed to hit and pull his tail!

I also got a big surprise while I was out there which I wasn't expecting at all. As a combined Mother's Day, Birthday, Anniversary, etc., my parents got me a brand new Macbook Pro! I was so shocked and couldn't believe that it was for me. I thought it was my brother's old computer and was happy with that but when they told me it was brand new, I was even more thrilled! Brandon is also very excited that I no longer have to use his. Thanks Mom, Dad and Kyle!

Halle with Nana and Papa
Halle with Mema and Papa

Halle had a good time playing with all of the old toys that my mom found - Thanks Nana!

Halle in my grandpa's rocking chair!

The desserts that I made for the shower - cupcakes, Special K bars, mint brownies and mini fruit pizzas

The gorgeous table decorations thanks to Evynne and my mom

Renee helped out so much - thanks Auntie Nay!

The girls with our moms - Me, Mom, Karissa, Becky, Evynne and Karen

Evynne, Karissa and Me with Halle
Halle in her pretty dress, tights and shoes from Nana and Papa
Friends from 1-12 grade: Karissa, Laurie, Me, Evynne and Eileen

Getting back home was kind of comical now looking back at it. We were supposed to leave on Tuesday but my flight from Eugene to San Francisco was delayed which would have made me miss my connection to Minneapolis and there weren't any other connections to Minneapolis that day. So, they put me on a flight leaving the next day, Wednesday, going through Denver. Halle hadn't been feeling well but I decided to go anyways. We got all boarded and then they took a couple of the people flying standby off of the plane since there were bad thunderstorms in Denver and said something about having the weight of the plane being just right. Then they announced that they found a leak in the fuel tank so they would let us know what the plan would be. Meanwhile, Halle fell asleep and was burning up in my lap. They ended up deplaning us and were going to work on connections. I just decided that I better not risk being stuck in Denver due to the weather or another missed connection, so they took my luggage off the plane and once again my parents took me back home. It turns out the flight was canceled anyways so I just got a head start on everyone else. We ended up taking Halle to Urgent Care since her fever was 102 and she was diagnosed with ear infections. After asking others what they would do, I decided to not fly the next day, Thursday, until Halle had a full 24 hours being on the antibiotics. So, on Friday we were finally able to fly back home. It went okay but my layover in Denver was not as long as I thought it was and after a blowout (due to the antibiotics) as we were boarding, I thought we may miss out flight! We made it (phew!) and once we were on the ground in Minneapolis, I was very relieved to be back. Traveling is definitely harder than it used to be when she slept more. Hopefully, I will be able to distract her more with DVD's or something the next time we fly by ourselves!!

4 comments:

Purdy Family said...

We loved having you, Halle, and Renee at home! We miss all of you! Thank you again for all of your hard work with the shower! Everything you made and did for the party was amazing! Love you so much! Looking forward to seeing all of you again soon! Mom

Unknown said...

It was good having you and Halle visit us. That was quite a trip back. Halle is such a happy child.

Jessica SG said...

Wow! What a trip! The desserts you made look so yummy, and how about that new laptop? Awesome! Glad you guys are back and Halle is better :)

cassi said...

great job on that shower!!