Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Ponte Vedra, Florida

We took a family vacation to Ponte Vedra, Florida on March 22-25. Both Brandon and Halle were in John (a med school classmate) and Melanie's wedding so it was a fun excuse to get away. The weekend was pretty packed with wedding activities as there was something each night while we were there but we still managed to squeeze in some time at the beach. This was the first time Halle has seen a beach (that she remembered) and LOVED playing in the sand. It wasn't warm enough to go in the water but she really enjoyed played with the cheap bucket and shovel we got for her. Even after we came back home to MN, she kept asking about the sand and her bucket and shovel!

The wedding was gorgeous and the bride and her family were so generous to even have a babysitter for us each night while we were there. Since Halle doesn't go to a daycare, it was a little hard to leave her (she balled right when the babysitter came in!) but she eventually would settle down and it was actually nice to have some time by ourselves.

When it came to Halle being in the wedding she did okay... There were two other flower girls besides her, one around her age and one older. I tried to send her up the aisle and then sneak up for her to see me at the front, but she turned around and walked back once she realized I wasn't coming (and she couldn't see Brandon at the front), so I had to walk her down (which I wasn't planning on doing!). Oh well... She was a trooper since she was sick the whole weekend and I could tell she didn't feel good at all.

Even though it was a busy weekend, the wedding was absolutely amazing and we had a lot of fun spending time with classmates from med school. Thanks John and Melanie for a great weekend!

It was so fun to catch up and spend time with Sujit and Tracy who are in North Carolina for residencyAnother flower girl, Julie, and her dad, Dan - Julia's mom was also in the wedding and was just a few years behind Brandon in med school

I took these pictures of Halle after everyone had already left the church - that was when she was in the best mood! They tried to take a picture of the whole bridal party with all of the flower girls but the little ones weren't having it, so at least I got some of Halle afterwards...
Playing while the ceremony is taking place in a room at the church - as you can obviously tell...Ernie is taking a nap in Halle's shoe!One handsome man if I may say so myself!! ;) The beautiful couple, John and MelanieBrandon, Elisabeth, Yemi, Melanie, John, Sujit and Brian



The grooms cake - John is doing his fellowship in Cardiology if you can't tell...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all the pics! What a bunch of fun beach pics, too. Is there any chance you have any photos of Julia in her dress from the wedding? We are so bummed we forgot our camera.

Unknown said...

Beautiful, all around.