Brandon got done being on call on Sunday around noon. I picked him up, we ate lunch real quick and then headed up to the Cities to see one of our friends from Oregon, Missie, who had a 3-hour layover at the airport. We picked her up and took her to the Mall of America since it is so close to the airport. We had fun eating lunch at Famous Daves and spending time with her. She is applying to pharmacology school and was on her way back from Madison, WI. Her and her boyfriend, Matt, also started dating in high school and we went to high school with both of them. We missed seeing them over Christmas when we were home so we really enjoyed getting to see her. We walked around the mall since Missie had never been there before, but we didn't even walk into a single store...a new experience for me! Her plane left around 5pm and we got back into Rochester around 6pm which gave us time to watch the end of the Super Bowl.
Brandon is still on peds and will be for another week. It is a big change from being on orthopedic surgery, but he is handling it well. I don't see him much during the week since we are both busy, but it is nice to take advantage of the times that we do see each other! On Wednesday night, I made a cake for one of my coworkers and tried writing on it and was fairly happy with the way it turned out. The cake is one of my mom's specialties - chocolate cake with a brown sugar frosting...yummy!

Japanese cookies
Brandon's family went to Japan a couple of weeks ago to see his grandma and uncle. They sent us some treats that they brought back. We got two boxes of cookies, one from his grandma and one from his uncle. They always come in neat tins and they are always wrapped. I think it is so neat that they wrap things with only a piece of tape, so I included a video down below of opening the tin of cookies. Brandon's parents also sent us Pocky and some Pine Fresh Mentos which are yummy!
The video of unwrapping the gift (I am a nerd for taking a video of myself unwrapping a present!)
Me with the kiddies - Bella, Adam and Jacob
Brandon, Albert and Steve
Cassi and Adam and Krista with Jacob and Bella
Bella and I - she is so cute!
The birthday boy with his dad, Andrew
Before
During
Last night, Brandon and I went to dinner at TGIF's with Erica and Christoper and then came home and watched The Bourne Supremacy on tv. It was so nice to just spend some time together and relax! This morning, Brandon slept in while I went to workout at 9am. I take a Strictly Strength class every Sat. morning that is so tough! I am usually sore for at least 3 days afterwards. At 11am we went to Jen and Andrew's to help celebrate their son, Carter's, 1st birthday party. I had so much fun spending time with all of the kids that I didn't even get to talk to our friends that much. Here are some pictures from the party. Carter was so cute with his cake and I think he was overwhelmed with all of the people that were there.
We are going to church tonight since Brandon is on call tomorrow, but I will post a video of Brandon playing Guitar Hero tomorrow.



4 comments:
Kristen, you are such a good baker. The beautiful cake looks yummy. The after picture shows a stuffed, satisfied kid. Do Brandon and Adam have on their "fat cheek" faces?
Kristen- will you post that cake recipe on the recipe blog? it sounds wonderful!!
1. Good job on that cake!
2. I am impressed with the one tape as well.
3. I love the after picture of Carter
4. Nice pic of Adam and Brandon- haha!
Call me if you get bored!
all the kids are getting so BIG! isn't it crazy? i love the video of unwrapping the gift...do they really always just wrap with one piece of tape? That's pretty cool!
Post a Comment