Friday, February 01, 2008

It Is Amazing How 13 Degrees Feels SO Warm!

It is 13 degrees out right now and it feels so warm! That is crazy! On Tuesday, we technically had a real blizzard and it got down to -45 that night, with the wind chill, which is the coldest it has been since we moved here. I went and worked out that night and by the time I came out of the gym, I could tell that it was a lot colder. I had gloves on and was only outside for less than 5 minutes and my hands felt like they had frostbite. Brandon was on call the whole day and didn't get home until 5pm the next day, so for all he know it could have been 70 degrees and sunny outside!

My coworker sent me an email with some amazing pictures of dresses that were made with balloons - here is one of them. I can't believe how good they are! Also, I put a link on my blog to Allison's Allison's ARTitecture Shop. She is an amazing artist and is selling some of her things online. You should check it out!


I am excited for tonight as Brandon and I will get to see each other. He is on his pediatric rotation which hasn't been too busy, but because of his night on call and our conflicting schedules, I haven't seen much of him. He is on call again on Sat. so I am taking advantage tonight of our time to hang out. On Sunday, we are going to drive up to the Cities around 2pm to see our friend Missie, from Oregon, who has a layover at the Minneapolis airport. It will be so much fun to see her! In other news, I signed up for my first triathlon that will be held in Rochester on June 29th. It is a sprint triathlon (.25 mile swim, 10 mile bike and 3 mile run) but it has always been my goal to just complete one. My workout schedule right now consists of working out 6 days a week and so far I have been able to keep that up. We will see how long that lasts for!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I checked out your friends drawings. Amazing!!! I am definately going to order the spoon and cherry drawing. I am also going to see if she can draw the picture of the kids I took Christmas day. Thanks for the link. She is very talented.

Purdy Family said...

I'm so glad that you and Brandon get to be together tonight!!! Have a fun night, you two deserve it! Why is Missy back there? Tell her "hello" from us. I'm also hoping that your weather warms up right away! Take care-
Love you both, mom P.

Anonymous said...

Obaa says that the dresses look really "cool."

Jen said...

Congrats on signing up for the triathlon! How exciting!

TAV said...

yeah, awesome, kristen!