Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sweets, Sweets & More Sweets!

Brandon and I had a great weekend. We went out to dinner on Friday night to Outback for our Valentine's date. Though we had to wait awhile to be seated, we really enjoyed being able to catch up together! We had a yummy dinner and of course I got dessert. It was a huge chocolate cake that hit the spot! On Saturday, we played basketball with some of Brandon's classmates. Later that night, we went out to eat at Culver's and then went and saw Fools Gold. It was another great date! It was so nice to be able to spend time together.

Brandon finished his rotation of hospital service for peds and is now on peds ED. He had his first 4pm-12am shift on Sunday. I went and decorated cookies with a friend from bible study. She taught me how she decorates her cookies and it was a lot of fun. I waited up until midnight to give Brandon a ride home, but after staying up until 1:30am and finding out that he still wasn't done, I decided to sleep for a bit before he called...bad idea! I was halfway asleep when he called at 2am and didn't realize that he said he will just walk...he got home at around 2:30am and was freezing since all he had on was paper thin scrubs. I felt so bad!Last night we had bunko at Katy's house. She always does such a good job decorating and making yummy treats. I was excited that Lesley could be a sub this month...it was so good to see her. I had a great time catching up with friends and eating more yummy treats. So much for the diet!! Brandon did just join the gym tonight (don't fall off your chairs!) so that will give me even more motivation to go. Christopher is showing him which weights to do so that they both can get prepared for ortho!

Lesley and IBack Row: Lesley, Erica, Deola, Autumn, Cassi and Katie
Front Row: Me, Janet, Krista, Jen and Katy
Lesley, Cassi, Krista, Deola, Erica and Jen in the back with the bunny ears!

I won the drawing prize which was micro fiber towels...I was super excited. Thanks Katy!

5 comments:

TAV said...

Lesley got to go to Bunko! I'm jealous! I guess I"ll have to check w/ Allison about the weather thing. That's neat your sister knows Leslie, although I think she might have talked to Kyla, not me.... it IS a small world!

Anonymous said...

I am so gald that you got two date nights. Ronnie is on his way to Rochester right now. He should get there tomorrow night...if the weather doesn't slow him down.

Anonymous said...

Obaa says that after all those sweets, Brandon may need a dental rotation soon. Visits to the gym, keeps a man trim.

cassi said...

Ok, that first cake looks DELICIOUS! And your cookies were not only so pretty but yummy too. Also- i love that i got bunny eared- haha! nice.

Beth said...

I'm so sad I missed Bunko! Looks like you ladies had a fabulous time!