I got back late on Thursday night from Boston and will post all of my pictures from my trip at some point, but I wanted to post all of the pictures from this past weekend first. On Friday, Brandon and I dyed easter eggs with Nick, Cassi and Adam. Cassi is so creative and thought to place her vinyl on the eggs and then dye them, so that when we removed the vinyl, our names were on the egg...they turned out great! Adam even colored his first egg! He figured out that throwing the egg in the dye is much easier that using the wire instrument that it comes with, however, his egg did end up with a few cracks that he covered with stickers!
Adam is getting so big and we were so excited to hear that he knows both of our names...listen to the video down below of how he calls me "Kiki" (this is what my younger brother would call me when he couldn't say my name and it has kind of stuck as my nick name).

Our beautiful eggs thanks to Cassi!
Nick and Cassi with their eggs
Cassi's Hawaiin egg
Adam with his colored egg!
Adam saying our names!
On Saturday morning, I went to an Easter egg hunt with Nick and Cassi and Katy and Steve. It snowed all weekend so the easter egg hunt was done in the snow. This was definitely my first experience with having a easter egg hunt with snow. A doctor here at Mayo that actually graduated from the same highschool that Brandon and I went to, holds a kids hunt and an adult hunt each year. We mainly helped Adam try to figure it out, but it was hard for him to pick up the eggs with his mittens on. We then headed over to try to find some of the adult eggs... They were really hard to find. Cassi helped me find two eggs though! She had a great eye for them!

The eggs in the snow for the kids!
And we're off!
Adam found the eggs but couldn't quite pick them up with his mittens..

Cassi was good at finding the eggs!

Yes, I am picking up an egg that Cassi pointed out to me!

Cassi & Katy's friend from church, Katy, Me and Cassi
We hosted an Easter dinner last night at our apartment. I was amazed that we could get 15 people in our place for dinner. We had a great time. I will post those pictures later... Hope everyone had a great Easter!
5 comments:
We had a fun Easter weekend with you guys!! Thanks for hosting Easter dinner.
Kristen,
I loved the pictures! I cannot believe they actually have an Easter Egg Hunt in the snow! That is crazy!!
What is the name of the Dr. who puts this event on. Did you remember that all 3 Purdy boys went to Sheldon.....there is a pretty good chance that your Dad, Bruce, or Glen Jr. knows him! :)
Keep posting! I think everyone in the pictures look fantastic! Even if you are all freezing.
Love you lots, Mom P.
Those eggs are really something. It was a good thing that they were colored. (Obaa and Ojii)
oh my gosh. easter eggs in the snow. brr.
me again! this time we are here on request of adam. we were looking at blogs and adam kept saying "kiki"! so we had to stop in to show him kiki and brandon!
Post a Comment