Since I started my new job in September, I have been working on planning an annual Phlebotomy conference. This is the first big conference that I have planned start to finish so it was a lot of fun to see everything come together this past Thursday and Friday. They were long days (6am-8pm) but I had so much fun organizing everything. This is definitely what I am meant to do!
We had 178 participants and the majority were from out of town. We even had three people from Oregon! Everything went very well and I heard so many great comments from the participants on how much they enjoyed it. It was a great group of people who enjoyed everything since they usually do not get to attend things like this, so it was a treat for them. I usually get very anxious the night and during big events, especially when I have to speak in front of large groups, but I was so blessed and the Lord definitely took away my worries! I was able to give the welcome announcements to the whole group on the first day and then when one of the speakers canceled on Friday (after slipping on ice!), I lead her session for her! Praise the Lord!
Here are some pictures from the conference reception that we had on Thursday night. I had forgotten to bring my camera so I was happy at the way these pictures from my phone turned out. I got a string quartet to play music and they were 4 high school students who did an amazing job. I would have hired them for my wedding. They actually played the song that I had sung in my wedding!
I leave early Tuesday morning to go to Boston for another meeting. I am going for training purposes so it will be nice to travel with one of my coworkers. I have never been to Boston before, so if you have any suggestions on what we should see in one day, please leave a comment and let me know! I get back after the meeting on Thursday.
2 hours ago








4 comments:
Kristen,
I'm so very proud of you!! :) Everything looks great! Nice choice of food, etc. I would have loved the chocolate fondue!!! Glad you enjoyed it so much and have found what you LOVE doing! Public speaking is very difficult...as much as I love to talk, I do not like to speak in front of a group! Cheers to you!!! Now that you are done with the first one, you know what to expect and the jitters will go away the night before.
I loved reading about your conference!! Enjoyed the pictures as well! Your phone worked well!! Love you lots, Mom
Wow Kristen! That looks great! I'm so impressed. Especially that you did all that speaking- I could never do that. The food looks delicious!!! Good luck in Boston!
Organizing, public speaking, food arrangements, and emergency leadership all show how great you are in your niche. (Obaa and Ojii)
Hey- I saw you guys in the congregation this week. It was good to see you even though we didn't get to talk. (Warning: shameless self invite coming...)I am free most nights for dinner. We should get together sometime soon. Swing by the new cafe this weekend for a look. We will chat then.
RR
Post a Comment