Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Random Updates

Since I have been terrible at posting, here is a quick little update from this past week and weekend. I also uploaded some pictures from awhile back down below...
  • Thursday 4/10: Brandon was so sick that I stayed home from work just to take care of him. For someone that never gets sick, he really came down with something bad. He lost 7 pounds in one day!
  • Friday 4/11: Brandon felt completely fine when he woke up which is amazing and went in to the hospital for his night on call. He only got 3 hours of sleep after being sick the day before and not getting any sleep the night before...he is incredible! I couldn't believe that he had eaten cereal for breakfast in the morning since you are not supposed to have dairy after having an upset stomach, but he didn't seemed to care... I got some errands done after work and then watched some of the Star Wars movie that was on TV before going to workout at 9pm!
  • Saturday 4/12: After Brandon got back at around noon from the hospital he watched the Masters and took a well deserved nap while I got some things around the house cleaned up. We got to watch little Adam while Nick and Cassi went out to dinner. He is so cute and Brandon was trying to teach him how to say "the Masters" since they were watching it together. Afterwards, we went to Nick and Cassi's with Katy and Steve and played "Ticket to Ride" which is a fun game. Katy also announced to us that she is pregnant... Congratulations Katy and Steve!
  • Sunday 4/13: After church and lunch at Culver's with Nick, Erica and Christopher, I came home and went on a run with Lesley. It was only in the lower 40's and when it wasn't windy, it actually felt warm. I can't imagine what 80 degrees will feel like in Orlando (we leave tomorrow!) when I thought 40 degrees felt warm! I also was like a little kid and started to pull out all of my summer clothes for our trip to Orlando this weekend. I am so excited to be in warmer weather and to go to the Magic Kingdom, "where dreams come true!". Brandon is presenting his research at a conference on Thursday. We get in tomorrow night and don't leave until Sunday...yay! Brandon's family is also meeting us there which will be fun.
  • Monday 4/14: I hosted bunko at our place last night. It was a lot of fun to see all of the girls and to eat the goodies that I had made, but I didn't get to bed until 1am so I am a little tired today. I will post some pictures another time.

Here are some pictures from the Annual Mayo Med School talent show a couple of weeks ago. Also, there is a picture of a cake that I decorated. I took a crash course cake decorating class a couple of weeks ago and wanted to practice. I thought it turned out fairly good, but I need to find a better tasting frosting recipe!


Adam and "Kiki" Erica and I
Christopher and Steve before their twinkie and hot dog eating contests!
The third years dancing!
The third year cheering section
My first attempt at cake decorating - it is Brandon's cake because when I told Brandon I was going to make a cake, he asked who it was for since he claims I never make a cake for him... So, here is his very own cake!

6 comments:

Rachel and Hans said...

nice job on that cake, Kristen! you are so creative...I need some lessons sometime!

Anonymous said...

Great looking cake Kristen!

Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cake. We are glad that Brandon's sickness was brief. Have a great time in Florida. (Obaa and Ojii)

Anonymous said...

I want a cake

cassi said...

Kristen, I am amazed at that cake decorating! You'll have to teach me. I'm even impressed by how circular your cake is stacked too- mine always look hilarious!

TAV said...

Kristen- you need to help me w/ cake making! :) Hope you have a great time in Fla! I'm glad Brandon is feeling better :)