This past Saturday while Brandon was working, I got to drive up to the Cities to pick up a friend from Oregon, Bryn, who was coming all of the way out here just to visit us. Both Brandon and I went to high school and college with her, and we have missed seeing her and her brother, who was Brandon's best man. After picking her up, we headed to the Mall of America where it took at least 20 minutes just to get into a parking ramp...it was super crowded. Bryn really enjoyed seeing it and I actually came out with no shopping bags which Brandon was happy about!
We drove back to Rochester around 5pm so that we could get ready to go to the Mayo Unity Ball (aka "Prom"). I had bought a dress to wear last year but we ended up going to a wedding instead so it was kind of interesting to see what my style was last year when I picked it out! We met up with a group of people at a Chinese restaurant (the only place we could get a reservation for a big group!) to eat ahead of time. This year the prom was in the Marriott ballroom instead of the Gonda Atrium, where it is normally held, which was disappointing but they did set-up a place to get photos taken and they they printed them out and gave them to you at the end of the night. I thought that was a great idea! We had a good time socializing and dancing with friends. A fair amount of Brandon's classmates were there which made it a lot of fun! Brandon took Bryn, Anna (one of his classmates) and me to the dance so he had a great time bragging to everyone about bringing 3 dates! Bryn was so sweet to come along with us!

At Hunan Garden - a Chinese restaurant we had never been to

The fourth years at dinner - Steve, Brandon, Me, Tracy, Bryn, Sujit and Katy

With two of this three dates - Bryn and I

Brandon and Rayna

Tony and I

With his third date - Anna

Bryn and I - it was so much fun having her out here!

The two Brandon's acting tough on the dance floor!

The girls - Allyson (Steve's sister), Katy, Cara (a 3rd year), Janet, Bryn, Me, Rayna and Tracy

They are such good dancers - I asked Tony for Salsa lessons since he is an incredible dancer!

Steve, Katy, Brandon and I - they look so good for having a 1 month old little girl!

Bryn and I modeling!

Here are the pictures that I took of the professional photographer pictures:

Brandon with his three dates!


All of the 4 years at the dance - Sujit, Jen, Brandon, Joy, Priyanka, Melinda, Brandon, Rayna, Tushar, Jeff, Anna, Tony and Ashlee

The 4th year men - Sujit, Brandon, Brandon, Jeff, Tony and Tushar - Steve came later

8 comments:
Cute pics at the "mayo prom"!
Cute pictures! I missed it for the 3rd darn year in a row due to work. Geez. At least Seattle is a cool place to go, I guess. I'm determined to make it next year, though!
Nice looking dates, Brandon. Do the models have agents yet?
Nice pictures! :) It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! :)
ooh! i miss the "prom" :) i love your dress, kristen!
You and Brandon looked so cute in your Mayo pictures. I hope Bryn had a good trip. She was a lot of fun.
Kristen, You were the cutest date. I like your pictures with Brandon. Did Bryn have a good trip? She was a lot of fun.
Kristen, You were nice to share Brandon for the night. I love the pictures of you and Brandon. Did Bryn have a good trip? She was a lot of fun.
Post a Comment