Saturday, November 15, 2008

Updates from the Past Week

As I mentioned before, last weekend our friend, Bryn, came to visit. I picked her up on Sat., we headed to the Mall of America for a little bit and then we went to the Mayo Unity Ball that night. On Sunday, we all went to church and then ate lunch at Culver's which is where we take all of our visitors. Frozen custard is definitely one thing I would miss if we moved away from MN! We gave Bryn the tour of Mayo after lunch and we were happy that we could get around to all of the buildings inside since it was pretty cold. We introduced her to a couple of Wii games that afternoon and after eating a delicious dinner at 300 First, we went to Steve and Katy's to celebrate Jill's 1st month birthday with cake and games. We played Cranium with guys vs. girls and the girls won by far! However, there were 4 of us to 2 of them...oh well!

The Mall of America
Byrn tried Caribou Coffee for the first timeIn front of the Medical SchoolPlaying Wii games with BrandonPlaying CraniumBrandon acting something out!Katy and the birthday girl in her cute dressThe girls won - Katy, Allyson, Bryn and Me

Her bow is so cute!
I think this picture is cute- Jill is looking at me!

On Monday, Brandon and I both had to go to work but we got done fairly early which was nice so that we could spend time with Bryn. We played a card game called Nerts with her before Brandon had to go to his basketballl game and I had to go to my volleyball playoffs. Bryn came with and took some pictures. We lost in 3 games but played the best match of the season. Brandon and the guys won their first basketball game. Afterwards, we went out to dinner with Steve and Katy and their family. Bryn took the 4:30am shuttle the next morning to fly out of Minneapolis to go back home. We had a great time with her and we were so happy to have a visitor. Thanks Bryn for coming out to see us!

Beth, Karu, Leah, Stacy, Sarah and I - I think it is funny that Beth and Kari are just barely holding onto my toes while Leah is barely standing while holding my legs!!

I got to hold Jill again at dinner while Katy ate!

Last night, Brandon and I got to watch Adam for a little bit while Nick and Cassi were setting up Cassi's table at the craft show. He is so cute and SO smart at using the computer. He knows how to play all of the games on pbskids.org and he can even drag things by using the laptop keypad! We had a fun time playing with him.

Brandon worked today from 7am-4pm while I slept in, worked out and then went to the Mayo craft show with Katy and Jill. I am always amazed at how creative and talented people are. Tonight, we are going to go to dinner with Katy since Steve is away on interviews and then are going to have a quiet evening by watching a movie at home. We are both fighting off colds so hopefully, we can get a lot of sleep tonight!


Adam had fun jumping on Brandon after he ate dinner!

The computer is bigger than him!He is SO smart!

4 comments:

cassi said...

Thanks for watching Adam for us!!! He was so excited as always to get to go to Kiki and Brandon' s house. Thanks for visiting me at the show today!!

Unknown said...

We may have to ask Adam to help us with the computer. Kristen, you and Jill look great together.

Missie said...

You will have to let Katy know I like Jill's choice of socks! How cute!

Allison and Jared said...

call if you'll be up this weekend - we have saturday night free!