Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Saturday - Heat Wave!

We had a great time this past weekend which was partly due to the wonderful weather that we had. It was above freezing both Saturday and Sunday which felt so nice. Brandon just wore a t-shirt outside on Saturday while we were running errands! It is amazing how warm 30 degrees feels when it has been in the single digits.

On Friday, Brandon and I had a night to ourselves. We went and saw "New in Town" which ending up being funny for us since it was about Renee Zellweger coming to a town in MN for business and we could completely relate to how she felt about the cold weather. However, if you didn't live in MN or if you haven't visited for a long period of time, I don't think you would find the movie very interesting. Overall, it was just so-so...

On Saturday, we drove Nick up to the Minneapolis airport. After we dropped him off, we ate breakfast downtown at Hell's Kitchen (it is not affiliated with the tv show). The waiters/waitresses wear pajamas while serving breakfast and the restaurant is in a basement with creepy pictures on the walls to set the atmosphere. We both really enjoyed what we ordered so thanks for the recommendation Allison!
The snow pile on the street is melting a little!Can you find Brandon in the pic?? Pretty creepy huh?!?

We drove back to Rochester after eating and ran some errands in the afternoon. It is so nice having Brandon around and I am so thankful he has the next couple of weekends off too. That night we met a bunch of people at Culvers for dinner. Since the interview season is over, people are now back in town so it was fun to catch up with everyone. I think we took up half of the restaurant and I am pretty sure the waiter who took the picture below, wasn't all that thrilled, but oh well!

On Sunday, we went over to one of Brandon's classmates house to watch the Super Bowl. I forgot my camera so I don't have any pictures but it was fun to catch up with some more of his classmates. We didn't watch much of the game since we were busy chatting but we definitely saw the half time show which was interesting...

Brandon started a rotation on Monday but doesn't have to take any call and has the weekends off which is SO nice. We have been able to catch up on some things and just spend time relaxing with each other. I feel very blessed!

4 comments:

cassi said...

We had a date night Friday and almost went and saw that movie that night too! How funny!

Beth said...

Wow! I really missed out by not being able to make it to Culvers! How sad! Looks like it was a great time!

Jen said...

I love Jacob's wink in the Culver's picture!

Unknown said...

Enjoy the time together. How is the hot sauce in Hell's Kitchen? Thanks for getting Nick to the airport.