Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Blizzard!

So, apparently Brandon and I should have watched the following video before we headed to work this morning! The weather forecasters were right...we did get about a foot of snow last night and are expected to have a total of 18 inches today.
http://www.kttc.com/global/video/popup/pop_playerLaunch.asp?vt1=v&clipFormat=flv&clipId1=4370456&at1=News&h1=DangerousWednesdayweather&flvUri=&partnerclipid=

I haven't seen anything like the weather today...this is definitely the worst it has been in our 4-5 years here. Brandon shoveled at least a foot of snow this morning from our driveway and because of the strong winds, you almost couldn't tell by the time we got out there (15 min. later!). Our neighborhood wasn't plowed at all so Brandon took me to work in my car. I wouldn't have been able to drive in it...it was so deep. And, there is no way that he could have made it in his truck. Plus, the winds are so strong that it makes it hard to see. I am at work and there is barely anyone here. This is a blizzard like I have never seen before!!

They are encouraging people to stay home because even though the plows are out, they can't keep up with clearing the roads due to the wind. Too bad they don't just close work and let you leave without using PTO! I will be here all day until Brandon comes to pick me up...

4 comments:

David and Lesley said...

I was going to email you to see if you guys made it to work today! David spun out in the Buick, so I drove him to work in the Jeep. Then Christina and I shoveled the driveway and dug the Buick out of the yard - so it was a busy morning. Thought you might have had better luck since you don't live on a hill, but I guess if they're not plowing the roads that leaves you with a lot of snow on your hands. Stay warm and safe!

Purdy Family said...

Sure hope that you do not need to go to work or to the hospital until this Blizzard and dangerous weather is over! Please be cautious and safe! That is extreme weather for sure. Glad you will be leaving to come home for Xmas! Hopefully, our cold temp. will be gone and the weather will be much warmer for you when you arrive! Let's keep hoping! I think you might need a snow blower this year! ;)

Unknown said...

The snow and wind are a bad combination. Both of you take care.

Janet said...

I wish they were telling the nurses to stay home too! Only three out of fifteen of us showed up! That makes for a VERY bad day!