Brandon picked me up from work around 3:45 pm yesterday and by then I had been the only one in my department for a couple of hours. I was excited to just go home and relax but when we got home, we couldn't pull our car in the driveway because the plows had gone by and piled the snow up. So, our awesome neighbors let us borrow their snow blower so that we could get into our garage. After about an hour and a half with Brandon using the snow blower and me using the shovel, we had our driveway clear, our neighbors driveway clear and a little path to our door clear. I couldn't believe how much snow had piled up. Because of the wind, there were some snow drifts that were close to 5 feet but in other ares there wasn't much snow. Here are some pictures...
We didn't get any snow today but the temperature has dropped a ton. I don't check the weather in the winter because I feel like it is easier to deal with it when I don't know what the actual temperature is, but I know that it was below zero all day today because my nose hairs froze whenever I was outside (that is my gauge as to whether it is negative or not!).

The snow outside our door on Wednesday night before we got most of the snow!

The ornament wreath that Cassi helped me make covered with snow

A man's tool...urgh, urgh, urgh!

Some parts were too deep for the blower to go through at once


You can't even see the window in our basement...that is a lot of snow!

Up to Brandon's legs...

Some of the snow drifts near our neighbors house
4 comments:
That is a lot of snow! I noticed that Brandon was wearing tennis shoes...his feet were probably frozen!
Did you have to go to work today? Did Brandon take you again, or were you able to drive?? I love your wreath!! It is still cold here too! Love you, mom
Thanks for the offer of help the other day...it was actually nice to stay in and not be able to get out anywhere! Your front porch area looks exactly like mine!
Looks like someone needs Santa to bring a snowblower! ;)
Your wreath turned out so cute!
I can't believe you had to go to work and that you were the last one left!! Glad you got to leave early.
Obaa noticed the tennis shoes also. Where are those North Face boots? It was nice of you to clear the neighbor's snow.
Post a Comment