It started coming down on Friday night and didn't stop until late Saturday night. I made it to a brunch Saturday morning and Brandon made it into work (don't ask me how in his old truck!) but by noon it got pretty bad and since it was so windy as well, the roads that were being plowed were quickly covered again. It did truly look like a blizzard! We tried to go out on Saturday night for a party that was literally just a few blocks away but after getting all packed up, our car got stuck in our driveway! The snow was up to our knees when we got out of the car so we just decided not to try to dig out and just call it a night.
Church was canceled on Sunday and we laid low inside due to the freezing temperatures. I am very thankful for a husband that was able to plow us out on Sunday so that we could go to a Christmas party last night. Believe it or not, even with all that snow, the roads were pretty clear by yesterday afternoon.
Here are some pictures for proof of why we didn't get a Christmas tree!
The "Sahara desert" in our backyard but with snow!
The snow drifts in the front of our house
You can see where Brandon plowed - it is almost up to our mailbox!And another story just for more proof! I went to use our clothes dryer last night and when I pulled out the lint screen, it was full of ice. After clearing it off, I tried to turn on the dryer but it wouldn't work. Our dryer had literally frozen and, since I didn't think to remove the wet clothes once the dryer didn't work, our clothes ended up frozen too! Here they are solid as a rock! Thankfully, I have a handy husband who took apart the back of the dryer and removed chunks of snow/ice, and once it was defrosted, it worked!
Today, the high I think was 0 degrees and I didn't really want to take Halle out but I needed to go to the post office so I bundled her up and off we went. I thought she looked cute in her hat but about 5 minutes into the car ride, she started crying. I looked back and realized why...her hat had turned around and was covering her eyes, nose and mouth! I wonder if she will ever let me put it on her again after that experience!!

Today, the high I think was 0 degrees and I didn't really want to take Halle out but I needed to go to the post office so I bundled her up and off we went. I thought she looked cute in her hat but about 5 minutes into the car ride, she started crying. I looked back and realized why...her hat had turned around and was covering her eyes, nose and mouth! I wonder if she will ever let me put it on her again after that experience!!





7 comments:
I know I am biased - - but she is too cute!!!
Papa
Don't feel bad, Max is almost 3 and this year is the first time we've had a Christmas tree. She'll never know.
Crazy ice clothing! now I'm tempted to go use our dryer just to make sure it isn't frozen like yours!
That photo is the cutest!!
do you want to borrow our fake tree? we aren't putting it up so you can use it if you want!
I'm so glad you got your dryer to work!
Halle looks so cute! And she even matches her carseat :)
Also, we got a new tree this year, so if you want to use our other one, it's just sitting in our garage currently! I'm warning you though- as I'm sure you remember, it is very Charlie Brownish.
At least Halle seemed happy before the ride. The wind really does sculpture the snow. Frozen clothes in the dryer? Only in MN?
That picture of Halle in her car seat is so cute, Kristen. I love the panda hat. :) She is becoming such a big girl!! :)
Post a Comment