Thursday, December 23, 2010

Happy 6 Months Halle Bear!


Happy 6 Month Birthday Halle Bear! I cannot believe that you are a half of a year old. Time has just flown by! You are still just a content and happy little girl. You sleep so well at night and go down so easily (except for last night!). You do great running errands with me. However, you no longer fall asleep when we go somewhere unless you are really tired since you like to look around at everything. When we go to parties, you stay awake until we get in the car to go home and then you fall asleep right away! I have started putting a bib around you no matter where you go since you are still drooling a ton. I have started feeding you rice cereal everyday and you seem to like it. You probably talk the most while you are eating and I tell you that you get that from Nana Purdy! You are such a delight and bring so much joy to Brandon and I. We love you so much!!

At 6 Months Halle...
  • Weighs 14 lbs. 13 (31%) is 26 inches long (64%)
  • Is starting to talk a lot more and is very loud - she says ah, ma (which I think is mama!), uh, etc.
  • Puts her feet flat on the ground and raises her bottom (like a gymnastic bridge!) - she is very strong!
  • Squeals and gets very excited when you get close to pick her up
  • Cries a little if she wakes up from her nap and sees me and then I disappear
  • Is definitely a thumb sucker - she uses it very often to calm herself and falls asleep with it in her mouth laying on her right side
  • Still drools a ton - I wonder when her teeth will appear
  • We are working on sitting up and she is doing pretty well - she will sit for a few seconds by herself before leaning to one side or pushing back
  • Smiles and giggles more at Brandon and I
  • Had her first babysitter (besides our parents) on 12/18 when we went to the Department of Orthopedics Christmas party and she did great!
  • Is eating rice cereal once a day - she seems to eat the most around 4/5pm...
  • Sleeps 11-12 hours at night - usually from around 7-9 pm to 7-8am and still goes down very easily...sometimes fusses for about 5-10 minutes but that is it!
  • Still eats every 2-3.5 hours during the day (she has to make up for how much she sleeps at night!)
  • Loves standing and looking around at things especially the tv and our phones!!
  • Wears size 2 diapers and is in 3-6 month clothing
  • Usually takes her morning nap in her bouncer and then her afternoon naps in her swing
  • Is starting to grab at anything to put in her mouth
Things we love about this stage:
  • How much she is talking - we are curious to know what she is trying to tell us!
  • How she laughs
  • Her smile
  • How laid back she is
Likes to grab at her clothes!
Eating rice cereal - I sometimes wonder how much actually gets in her mouth!Working on sitting upPlaying with her favorite toy - her pink elephant

2 comments:

Jen said...

She is so cute, I love her! I'm glad she's babbling at you, that is so fun! What a sweet baby.

Unknown said...

Halle is really growing and developing in many ways.