"Hi Mom and Dad!"
"Do I have to sit here and smile more...I want to explore!"
Halle: "Hey Mom, what is outside?" Mom: "More snow just when we thought all of the snow had melted..."Halle at 9Months:
- At her 9 month appointment yesterday she weighed 17.1 lbs. and was 28 inches long
- Rolls over to her stomach right when we lay her down on her back and will lift up both her arms and legs when she thinks she is getting picked up
- Is becoming a very picky eater but thank goodness I can trick her with puffs, mac & cheese, bananas, blueberries, pieces of string cheese and the like to get her to open her mouth and then I feed her the baby food - the only food I don't have to do this with is yogurt (that is definitely her favorite)
- Is starting to pick up some finger food and feed herself if it doesn't get trapped in the palms of her hands - she is better with her left hand!
- Wears 6-9 or 6-12 month clothe, size 2 shoes and size 3 diapers
- Sits very well now without having a pillow behind her
- Will sometimes fall backwards when she wants to get to her stomach to roll around and rotate to explore things!
- She really wants to crawl but hasn't figured it out yet - she rolls all over though and scoots backwards, she also gets up on all fours but doesn't know what to do
- Just started clapping on Sunday (see video)
- Finished her first swimming class (6 weeks) - she actually seemed to enjoy the water during the last class and put her face in the water by herself (she was going for a ball but it still counts!)
- Still loves to put things over her face and then pull it down real quick (pants, toys, blanket, diaper, etc.)
- Is really jumping in her jumper (see video)
- Talks all of the time and is pretty loud sometimes
- Still just has her bottom two teeth but she is drooling a ton so I think that some more are about to pop through soon
- Is going through the separation anxiety/stranger danger stage - it just started and this past week, I can barely leave the room without her starting to cry to wonder where I am (I am hoping this stage doesn't last very long!)
- She likes having her Daddy read her "Pat the Bunny, Sleepy Bunny" before bed - she sits very quietly while he whispers the words to her
- Loves looking out windows
- Schedule: Goes to bed around 7-8 pm, wakes up around 7am, takes naps around 9 and 1

Is on her tummy a lot these days but hasn't yet figured out how to crawl!
I have found her in the weirdest spots and I can't figure out how she gets in them just with rolling and rotating



Considering her new favorite teether is the plastic part on the canopy of her car seat, I think it may be time to switch her to a bigger car seat! She is getting too long for this one but I am trying to make it through the winter...
Clapping!
Jumping! (double click to make it full screen)











2 comments:
As always, we loved seeing all the adorable pictures & hearing what Halle can do!! The videos were so much fun to watch...Brandon was fun to watch too! Give her big hugs & kisses from us! love you all so much! Nana & Papa!
What a wonderful nine-month-old. We love seeing all that she can do. She is even a multitasker. It is interesting how she can get underneath things. We look forward to the day that we can hold her again.
Post a Comment