Saturday, October 29, 2011

16 Months

I am a little late on Halle's 16 month post since I couldn't decide how long I am going to do monthly posts, but have decided that I will do monthly posts until 18 months and then just do one every once in awhile.

The biggest change this past month is that Halle is now only taking one nap throughout the day and it is only around 1 hour long! This has really changed our schedule...I am no longer able to workout during her morning nap since she doesn't take one and instead, I think she likes to get out of the house in the morning. We are still trying to figure out a good schedule for both of us and I am seriously considering joining the Rochester Athletic Club, but until then we are just winging it. She usually naps around 1-2pm so we have been trying to get outside enjoying the awesome fall weather that we have had - going on walks, going to some orchards, etc.

Halle is really becoming a little girl - she says something new each day and is also understanding a ton. She knows where her head, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, belly button and feet are. She can also tell you how old she is with lifting up her pointer finger. She also says her name which is really cute! We just love her personality - she loves being scared by us, playing pretend tea with us, dancing, and giving us kisses (which is a new thing!). We just can't imagine how boring our lives would be without her!

Halle at 16 months:
  • Likes walking with her hands behind her back or stomping her feet
  • Has become very picky with her food and recently has not been eating much
  • Loves to climb on things, especially chairs and likes to stand on them and not sit
  • Says a ton of new words - too many to list as it seems like she says a new thing each day, but here are some: outside ("side"), pumpkins ("kas"), nose, eyes, ears, book, car, cereal ("ss"), cookie ("key"), keys, a etc.
  • Sleep schedule: goes to bed around 7:30-8pm, wakes up anywhere from 7:30-8:30am and then takes a one hour nap in the afternoon
  • Is doing better in the church nursery
  • Is really getting into pretend play which is so cute - will put her babies in the highchair and feed us "tea" and is starting to be interested in what I am doing in the kitchen and will mix things in her plastic bowl with the spatula I loaned her!
  • Wears 12-18 month tops, GAP & Old Navy 12-18 month pants (nothing else fits her in the waist besides leggings!), size 4 diapers, size 4-5 shoes
  • Still has just 8 teeth - has had a cold for over a month so I'm not sure if she is teething or just getting sick back to back...poor girl!
  • Favorite book: "Little People Spring is Here Pop Up Book"
  • Still loves watching the Puppytown video and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse - she dances to the Hot Dog song!
Did I mention she likes to climb on things and be outside?!?
Messy Eater! Cookie hands and then cheeto hands (we do feed her healthy things believe it or not!)
This new sleep sack is a little big but since it's getting cold at night, she definitely needs it!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I haven't seen you guys in forever- Halle has changed so much! I am dying the sleep sack, that is hilarious.

I have no idea is this will apply to Halle but when both of my kids switched to one nap a day it was short at first and then after a while it got longer and they settle into 2-3 hours each afternoon. Good luck with the new schedule, that is a big transition for mom and child.

Emily said...

Kristen... she is so adorable! It sounds like her and Audrey have some similar antics. I just love this age.

Unknown said...

Beautiful little sweet sixteen.