Two Thursday's ago, our department took the afternoon off to go golfing. The weather was beautiful and it was fun to spend time with my coworkers outside of the work environment. We met at one of my coworkers house, then headed out to the golf course. We drew names and were paired up in two's to play a best ball match. I actually played somewhat decent but it wasn't really about the competition...it was so much fun just to be outside in the nice weather with everyone. It was so much fun and I laughed pretty hard since some of my coworkers were playing while drinking! Afterwards, we had a bbq at my coworkers house. It was a great day! We all agreed that we should so this every Thursday!

Gina, Julie, Diane, Connie, Kay, Sarah and I

Our foursome - Me, Julie (my supervisor), Kay and Gina

Don (our boss and the only guy playing with us - it gave him a totally different view of golf!), Sarah, Connie and Diane (who is so funny!)

Diane, Gina, Nancy, Kay - bottom
Julie and Sarah - top

Nancy and I

We had to use a pool cue to put with on the 18th hole!

Sarah, Gina, Kay, Julie and I
This past week, I finally got to making an extra dinner to bring over to David and Katie who just had their first child a couple of weeks ago. They named her Lauren and she is adorable. It was so much fun to be able to see her. David and Katie are so cute too...they are so happy! The same night I brought the dinner to them, we also had Janet and Brandon over for dinner. I forgot to take a picture but we had a fun night with them. Janet helped me write my matron of honor speech while the boys played with the Wii!
In other news, Brandon is now a 4th year medical student. He now has his M.D and just needs another period! He is actually on vacation right now since the only way he could attend my sister's wedding was to take three weeks off. However, he shadowed Radiology this past week and has been working hard on research so it doesn't really seem like he is on vacation... He is so dedicated! This week he has the week off and then we leave on the 6th to go home to Oregon for my sister's wedding which is coming up on the 12th!

Lauren, Katie and I
Last night we ate at Rochesterfest with Nick and Adam (Cassi was in the Cities). Even though it rained every once in awhile it was still fun to eat cheese curds, corn and all the other typical fried Minnesota fair food! There was a parade last night as well.

A rainbow over the parade

This morning, I woke up earlier than normal to go out to the lake where the triathlon will be. I wanted to see what it would be like without swimming in a wetsuit since I had heard that the water was warming up. It was raining when we left but after we got there it stopped for a little bit. It was kind of cool out which made it a little easier to get in the water, however, the water was still a little chilly. I am such a wimp though with cold water! It took me a little bit to warm up but once I did, it took less energy to swim without the wetsuit on so I decided not to use a wetsuit tomorrow. I think my plan will be to do the side stroke to warm up and to get away from the crowd and then do freestyle once I warm up. Since my goal is to just finish, I think that will be fine. I would like to finish in 2 hours but we will see how it goes. I am planning to get to the race tomorrow around 6:45am. I have to get my body marked with my number and get my transition area set up. There are 500 people registered so the race will start in waves. I am in wave #8 which starts at 8:43am. The weather is supposed to be in the upper 60's around 8am but it might be windy which could be interesting on the bike...I can't believe that the race is already tomorrow...wish me luck! Here is a video to inspire me for tomorrow. Every time I see this story, I cry. It is amazing to see how dedicated the dad is and all that he does for his son.
2 comments:
GOOD LUCK TOMORROW! You are going to do awesome! I can't wait to hear about it! :) Do you have plans to CELEBRATE afterwards? If not, we will go out and do something...or stay in and play Wii if you like. :) HAVE FUN!
You can't get more inspiring than that video. Good luck this morning!
Hans
Post a Comment