Wednesday, January 25, 2012

19 Months

These pictures describe Halle perfectly right now - she is so funny! She climbed in the storage part of a new stroller we got (no, I am not pregnant...just needed a place to put the car seat while we go through the airport and this was the same price as the attachment for the car seat plus it will hold Halle and some other things)

Where has time gone?!? Halle is now 19 months old and since I skipped her 18 month post (too busy around Christmas!), I have so much updating to do. Halle is making us laugh everyday! She is so full of personality - whether it comes to playing with her babies, walking on her tip toes, dancing, wanting to wear her squeaky shoes all over the house, etc. She is very independent - she wants to do everything for herself. Just in the bath tonight she wanted to have her own washcloth and cup like Mom! I find that it is easier to get things done with her when she is able to take part in things. She actually helped me take the clothes from the washer and put them in the dryer today. Though she is getting into the "2's" phase (screaming, throwing herself on the ground when she doesn't get what she wants), she is still so sweet and does pretty well at listening to what we say. She always wants to make sure that everyone around her has food while she is eating. She actually pretends to eat more than she actually eats right now! She is a busy girl but likes to cuddle with me after she wakes up, which I just love. I know that it won't last forever so I am trying to take advantage of it!

Other new activities and stats are:
  • Going pee-pee on the potty twice today! (she also went #2 on the potty awhile ago) - we aren't really worked on it but we have the potty and let her sit on it when she wants to
  • Taking her first class - a romp & roll class where she gets to play with balls, go through a tunnel, play with bubbles, shake a parachute, do "ring around the rosies", sing the "hello" song and get a stamp on her arms at the end of class each week (for the first few classes you could tell she was just taking everything in and wanted to be held but at home she would want to do "Rosies" with her babies and have her babies sit on her lap to sing the hello song, so I know she was enjoying it. Today she really participated well so she is getting more comfortable
  • Playing pretend with her new kitchen and with all of her babies - her newest thing is to take the babies arms and wave them while saying either "Hi Mama" or "Hi Dada"
  • Asking me each day for "Dada?" - this one always makes me sad since I don't want her first sentence to be "Dada's at work" so I try to mix it up with "Yes, Dada loves you and will be home later", etc.
  • Is really starting to talk more and will try to copy a lot of the words I say - she said airplane tonight while in the bath
  • LOVES to listen to music and dance
  • Really likes to watch "icky" (aka Mickey), Barney, Curious George and the Cat in the Hat ("go, go, go, go!")
  • Likes to read her books and sometimes will even sit by herself and pretend to read (just babbles!)
  • Loves to use a spoon or fork while eating though she isn't the best with actually using them - she will pick up the food with her hands, try to put it on the utensil and if she can't get it, she will just hold it on the spoon or fork and bring it to her mouth and then put it in her mouth with her hand - it is pretty funny!
  • Likes to climb on anything and to play in the pillows from our bed
  • Went to her first hockey game last week and seemed to really enjoy watching all of the action - she sat on our laps for more than 1 hr and 30 min until I took her home to go to bed!
  • Wears 18-24 month shirts, 18-24 month pants (only leggings or pants with adjustable waists), size 5 shoes, size 4 diapers
  • I think she weighs around 21-22 lbs. and is 33 inches tall
  • Her hair is so long and thick that I usually have to blow dry it a little before going to bed - it can fit in a pony tail but she doesn't like me messing with it!
  • She doesn't eat a ton but loves all kinds of fruit - frozen blueberries, mandarin oranges, apples, fruit cups and raisins - she will just eat whatever we are having even though she doesn't eat a ton of it
  • Schedule - goes to bed between 7:30 and 8:30pm and will wake up between 7 and 8am, naps usually around 1pm for 1 hr and 15-30 min.
I am sure there is a ton that I am missing but she is just changing so much that I can't keep track of everything. She brings so much joy to our lives and we love her so much. Thanks Halle girl for making us laugh each day!

First Hockey Game!
Some recent videos:
Annabelle and Halle playing at Monkey Junction one Sat. morning while the guys were off from work

Halle playing with the curtains until she hears Dada come home!


She loves to play with Dada!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I am dying over her in the stroller basket, too funny!

Unknown said...

Halle is learning so much. We really enjoy seeing you "in action."