Sunday, September 17, 2006

Long Hours at Work

The past week went by very quickly as the course that I was helping with (Internal Medicine Review for Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants) started on Wednesday, Sept. 13th and ended on Friday, Sept. 15th. I had to be at work on the first two days at 6pm and on Thursday, I didn't leave until 7:30pm. I was definitely tired when I got home! However, I had a great time working on-site at the course and realized that this is something that I would really like to do full-time. The course went pretty well and we had about 210 participants. It was a local course that was held in the Siebens building at Mayo. I haven't posted about work before, so in case you are interested, here is a link to our website: http://www.mayo.edu/cme/. Below are some pictures that I took at the course. They hired a professional photographer and I will put some of those pictures on here as soon as I get them.

This was also the first week that I have had to work on Saturday. Cardiovascular Board Reviews (CVBR) started on Sat., Sept. 16th and ends on the 22nd. This course is held at the Mayo Civic Center and almost 900 cardiologists come from all over to attend this course. Almost half of our office was working at 6:30 am on Sat. and everyone in our office helps out throughout the week at the course. The planner for the course also planned this course last year. There are actually 4 courses in one this year - Electrophysiology, Interventional, Echo, and Cardiology. I don't have any pictures yet, but I will be working at it 2 days this week and will bring my camera. It is amazing how many people attend the course. I was actually called in on Sat. at 7pm to work for an hour and a half since they needed an extra person to help register people. September is the busiest month for our office and everyone will be relieved when we make it through it!

Nichole (a planner) and I at the registration desk The main room for the courseA view from inside the registration desk - each person receives a blue packet with their registration info and credit certificate, a syllbus, a bag and a pen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds as though you had a busy, enjoyable week.