Friday, September 29, 2006

My 2nd CME Course - Nutrition in Health & Disease

The amenities that I received!My roomThe view from my room of downtown Minneapolis
The meeting roomMe and Becky at the Registration Desk
------------------------------------

On Wednesday, I drove up to Minneapolis for the Nutrition in Health & Disease course that I helped plan. We had a pre-conference meeting with the head person of each department in the hotel (Marriott City Center) at 1pm and then set up the registration area after that. We were done setting up at 5:45 pm on Wednesday and then a couple of us drove to the Mall of America to eat dinner at the Rainforest Cafe and to shop for a little bit. We split up and decided to meet at 9pm, which gave us an hour to shop...I stayed in the same store for the whole hour, while the two other people I was with, made it to about 5 stores! We got back to the hotel around 9:45 pm and went up to the Concierge level on the 30th floor to have dessert. The course director was also up there and she showed us her bi-level suite which looked like a town home! The hotel was very nice and they definitely were trying to get our business again by catering to us.

The course started on Thursday at 6:30 am, so we were down at the registration area by 5:45 am....too early for me, especially since I had trouble sleeping by myself (it was the first night that Brandon and I had been apart since we got married)! The course went very well and we had about 225 participants. The course continued on Friday, however, I came back on Thursday night since our department couldn't afford to have me stay another night. I left the course about 5 pm and then stopped at the Mall of America and Ikea to do a little shopping. I got home at 9:30 pm and was extremely exhausted! It was a great experience to plan the course and I hope that I can help plan next year's course which will be in San Francisco. I really enjoy working with the course directors and one mentioned that she would like me to help next year! We shall see...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful experience. San Francisco will be great fun.

cassi said...

I bet you do such a great job planning these! How fun! That looks like a cute black and white basket of goodies they left for you.