Thursday, October 12, 2006

It is FREEZING Here and it is only October 12th!

So, in case you haven't been paying attention to the weather in the Midwest, I just wanted to give you an update...it is FREEZING! Yesterday, October 11th, it snowed and the low was 26 degrees. And, today it has been snowing some more and was 23 degrees when I went to work this morning. I really don't know how Minnesotans do it. We went basically straight from summer to winter without a fall. Anyways, enough complaining, but I really do hope that it warms up a little before the winter comes.

This weekend we will be hosting Gabe Smith, who went to Sheldon and was in Andrew and Jeremy Strickland's class, while he is here for his interview. I definitely hope it warms up before he comes, otherwise, he might think twice if he gets accepted at Mayo!

I hope all is well with the warm Oregonians back at home...I just checked the weather and it is 77 degrees and sunny. Thanks Dad, for the lovely message this morning on my cell phone rubbing in the fact that you couldn't see the road while driving because it was so sunny!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it has been beautiful this week with near record highs, but the rain is supposed to make a call next week. At least the snow shovels are not necessary yet.

Anonymous said...

Kristen! I want to stay in Oregon!!!! I'm only here about another week but I hope the beautiful weather lasts. I actually took a trip today to the coast! I went to the Tillamook cheese factory, Cannon Beach, and Seaside. Loved it! Thanks for the suggestion! I hope the snow goes away before I come back to MN.