Sunday, March 25, 2007

Go Oregon Ducks!

This morning was so beautiful in Rochester. When we went to church it was in the mid 60's and it was perfectly clear. We even had to turn on our air conditioning! We are supposed to have severe thunderstorms this afternoon, but I don't want to think about that right now. I think today should be a relaxing day. I was supposed to coach my team in a volleyball tournament but we had to back out of the tournament since most of my players are playing softball today. So, instead I was able to sleep in and go to church with Brandon. Brandon will be studying for most of the day, but we are going to watch the Oregon vs. Florida game that is about to come on...Go Oregon! I hope that they win especially since I picked them to win the whole tournament in my bracket. I posted a picture of Brandon's class pool that they let me join. I am in first place right now!! That is very funny to me since it took me only 2 minutes to fill out my bracket and I just picked the names that I know the best! However, if Oregon loses today, I will probably drop to the bottom...

Last night, we went to a going away party for Ajit, Tara, John and Wendi who all are leaving for Nigeria this afternoon. They will be doing medical missions at a place called Faith Alive for four weeks and then will spend two weeks in South Africa on vacation. Dave and Lesley put the whole party together and it was nice to have a time of prayer together before they leave. Lesley made yummy teriyaki chicken, bbq chicken pizza, cheese sausage balls and brownies...she was a very busy girl! We all had a great time and I am so excited for all of them that were leaving. This is something that Brandon and I have talked about doing maybe at the end of his fourth year so it will be neat to see the pictures when they postSujit, Nicole, Tara, Lesley, Brandon and Dave in front

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Kristen. Oregon did great to get to the Elite Eight. Hopefully, you will not drop to the bottom of the pool.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristen!

I made it here to check out your blog. You do a great job with it - now I have one more thing to help me procrastinate! Fun to talk with you on Sat. Have a good week!

Anonymous said...

Hmm...for some reason my comments don't show up...maybe this one will?