This past Sunday, the volleyball team that I am coaching had another tournament, but this time is was in their home town, St. Charles. St. Charles is about 30 minutes southeast of Rochester and it is a very small town. I think the girls said that it has a population of around 3,000 but it seems a lot smaller than that. There is only one stop light in the whole town! Anyways, since I had to be there at 7:30, I was able to see the sun rise on my way there...it was so pretty and I just happened to have my camera! The girls played great and actually won the whole tournament. We were there from 7:30 am until 6:15 am so it was a long day, but it ended on such a good note. I will post a picture of the whole team with the shirts that we won as soon as I get it from one of the girls.
When I got back home, I met Brandon at Christopher and Erica's place. They had made dinner for us and Nick, which was so sweet of them. It was an excellent pot roast dinner and as always, the boys loved it! Afterwards, we went to a birthday party for Bekah who is the fiancee of Jeff who is in Brandon's class and she is also from Salem, OR! Jeff made an awesome chocolate pie that was so delicous. It was fun to see everyone. I also have to mention that when Adam sees me now, he gets excited...it is so cute! He also wants me to hold him if someone else is holding him besides Cassi which completely makes my day! :)

The sun rise on the way to St. Charles

Some of the girls I coach making paper cranes during a break
Some of the boys that were at Bekah's party - Brian, Brandon, Steve, Jeff, Stan, Sam and Tushar

Brandon and Nick

Brandon and Adam (he is smiling at me!)

Some of the girls that were at Bekah's - Me, Jackie, Naomi, Bekah, Supna, Diana and Katy
2 comments:
That was a long day. Congratulations. You deserved a party.
Hi Kristen!
Ventured over here to check out your blog and thought I'd comment so you know I was here! Now I have something else to help me procrastinate!
Good to see you tonight at the party!
I am going to tell Hans that your special K bars are as good as his mom's!
Post a Comment