Sunday, September 21, 2008

Katy's Baby Shower

On Friday night, Autumn and I hosted a baby shower for Katy at our place. Katy is now 36 weeks pregnant with her first (a girl!) and we are so excited for her and Steve. Steve is also out of town for the month of September so I am his back-up in case anything happens before he comes back...pray that nothing happens for another week!

There were about 16 people that came to the shower and it was so much fun to catch up with girls I haven't seen for awhile. We spent the night talking, eating and watching Katy open up the adorable gifts...a perfect night in my opinion! Thanks everyone for making it such a special evening!

Afterwards, Katy and I had a sleepover at Cassi's since Nick was on call. I don't remember the last time that I have done that. It was fun to watch a movie and then fall asleep without having to go back to an empty house. Cassi even made us pancakes in the morning...how sweet!

The diaper cake that I made for Katy - it turned out way better than I thought it would!All of the yummy food that Autumn and I madeThe cake that I made - it is supposed to look like a quilt but I don't think I succeeded!The decorationsThe adorable "It's a girl" sign that Cassi made - she is so creative!The "diaper" favors with Tootsie Rolls in them!Autumn's great punch!Krista, Erica and IKaty opening her gifts - she looks so good for being so far along!Petrice and IMost of the girls at the end of the night:
Back row: Katie, Ashlee, Jen, Diana
Front row: Me, Krista, Cassi, Deola, Autumn, Katy, Bekah, Jen and Hilary

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice refreshments and decorations. You are so talented. The cake does look like a baby quilt. (Obaa and Ojii)

TAV said...

I LOVE THE DECORATIONS!!!! i don't know how you do it with your cakes, kristen!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

I agree Cassi is creative but SO ARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cassi said...

Kristen, you guys did a fabulous job! You did such a great job on that diaper cake- so cute! And the cake decorating was awesome. Yummy food you guys!

Beth said...

Wow! I really missed out! Looks like you threw an AMAZING party!

crazystegmamaof4 said...

Wow, what a fun shower that looks like! I love your real and diaper cake, Kristen! You are as creative as they come! My friend just made us a diaper cake too and I thought it was the BEST gift ever. Now I get to make one for my sister-in-law next month! Such a creative gift and you did a great job! As always I think you should win an award for your creativity. I love the cute decorations and the diaper/tootie roll idea...I might have to snag those for our shower! Hugs from Kelly in IN (Wendi's friend) who just had a baby girl :)