Beware - There are a million pictures below from this past weekend in Salt Lake City visiting Brandon. I had a great time out there...the weather was beautiful, I was able to spend a lot of time with Brandon and the setting was awesome! I got in on Thursday night and Brandon was at his hotel by the time I got there with the rental car (thanks to our new GPS I didn't get lost in a new town!) He was on home call that night but didn't get called in which was nice. On Friday, Brandon was done rounding in the morning so he showed me around the University of Utah campus and then we met up with our friend, Missie, for lunch at The Point which has an awesome view of Salt Lake. Brandon showed me around the city and then we had dinner with Matt and Missie at Cafe Rio and then saw a movie.
On Saturday after Brandon got back from working, we drove up to the Olympic Park. We walked a mile up to the top of the bob sled course which was fun. We got to see one of the summer sleds go down finally after waiting a little bit. Brandon thought it would be fun to go but it was super expensive. Instead, we walked back down and visited the Olympic museum. We then drove into Park City for lunch. It is a cute little town that would be fun to stay at for skiing. On the way back home, we stopped at the Olympic Park again to watch the aerial skiers practice. That was a lot of fun to see as they are really good!
On Sat. night after watching the Ducks beat Purdue with Matt and Missie, Brandon and I went to Temple Square to look around. It was the perfect time to take pictures as the sun was setting which is why I included so many below. The temple is very pretty and it was interesting to look around the square. We even took a tour of the Beehive house which was Brigham Young's house. We only saw one bride since we went later in the day on Saturday...supposedly, you can see a lot during the day on Saturday's!
On Sunday, we went with Matt and Missie to Alta and Snowbird. We hiked around Alta before heading to Snowbird to eat lunch at Oktoberfest. We had brats while we listened to the music. We then took the tram to the top of the mountain at 11,000 feet! We hiked around up there for quite awhile before hiking down to the ski lift to ride down. It was a fun day and the mountains are beautiful! That night, we had dinner at Steve's family house. It was really sweet of them to have us over and it was fun to meet his whole family.
I left on Monday night but I didn't get to see Brandon the whole day. I am not sure why I booked my flight so late but at least I was able to get his laundry done and go grocery shopping for him. I got back late last night and went back to work today. I had my first women's bible study tonight which was really good. Lesley and I walked 4 miles to the house it was at. I came back to nice weather which I am thankful for. I am pretty busy this week which is good since I would be lonely otherwise. It was hard to leave Brandon. He is doing well though and we will get to see each other in 2 weeks in Chicago...yay! Sorry for the extremely long post!



5 comments:
love the pics! salt lake is so pretty! :)
You look sooo cute in that last picture! I love the outfit! Secondly, I am so jealous, and I want to go back to Utah now! Your pics were awesome! And, I CANNOT BELIEVE you walked 4 miles there...and back too???
Glad to see your pictures made it safely to the blog! We had such a wonderful time with you two. Thanks for letting us show you around!
Such cute pictures! Glad you had a great time. You guys did lots of fun things- I haven't even done all those things in Utah before!!
Beautiful pictures of beautiful people and beautiful country. (Obaa and Ojii)
Post a Comment