This past weekend Joy came down from the Cities. On Saturday, it was so sunny that we decided to go for a run. It was pretty cold out (upper 30's) but it was beautiful seeing the fall colors. We then walked to Cheap Charlie's for lunch with Brandon and Nick. We had never been to this place before but had heard about it. It is a small local place that has cheap breakfast food. Afterwards, we went to Northwoods Orchard and got our pumpkin to carve this next weekend. It was a little chilly but it was so fun to be at the orchard on such a pretty fall day. I made dinner that night for all of us and then we met up with some other people to go see Max Payne. Brandon had been wanting to see it for awhile and I didn't want to see it at all but didn't want to stay home, so instead Erica and I sat next to each other rolling our eyes throughout the whole movie... It was just a dark movie and I don't see any point in seeing a movie that isn't a "feel good" movie! Needless to say, Brandon and all of the other guys liked it!
Yesterday, Brandon, David and Nick were all on call so Lesley, Joy and I all went to church together and then went grocery shopping at Sam's and Wal-Mart. It was so nice having company! Joy and I grabbed lunch at Applebee's with dessert at Dairy Queen before she headed back up to the Cities. It was a sunny and warm day so Lesley and I decided to go on a bike ride. Before leaving, I noticed that I needed to pump up my tires (a job that Brandon usually does!)....so, I tried to pump them up but it didn't work all that well. We started on our bike ride and then Lesley thought I could pump them up at the gas station which is what they usually do. So, we unscrewed the caps to find out that I have the newer tires that don't work with the old pumps. But, the air had already come out of my tires so I had to ride Lesley's bike back to my house to grab the pump. We pumped them up and we thought they were fine, however, I was huffing and puffing to try to keep up with Lesley who wasn't going all that fast. At first I thought I was just out of shape (which could be true, but I have started to work out more in the past couple of weeks!) but after awhile I realized that my back tire did not feel right. Finally, when we went up a hill I noticed that the whole back tire was completely flat! No wonder I was having a hard time!! We called our friends, Leslie and Ryan, who live close by to where we were and they came to the rescue. They took my bike back to their house and realized that the tire was torn from the frame...bummer. So, they let me borrow Leslie's bike, which is the exact same bike as mine, so that I could finish the bike ride with Lesley. It was so nice having a bike that worked and I wasn't breathing hard at all after that...thank you SO much Ryan and Leslie!



2 comments:
You huffed and puffed and rode your bike home.
Cute new blog look! And you'll have to tell me how Northwoods was!
Post a Comment