Last week on Monday, we went out to dinner with Nick, Cassi and Adam, and Steve and Katy at Outback. This was the last dinner that we will have with Katy and Steve as a couple without kids since they had their little girl, Jill Marie, this past Thursday! Congratulations Katy and Steve! Jill was 6lbs. 11 oz. , 20.5 inches and was born at 8:45am. Katy's mom came into town the Tuesday before so it is nice that they have family in town to help. We went and saw them on Thursday night and they all looked great. I got to hold Jill which was a little scary for me since I am not used to holding such little babies! You can tell from the pictures below that Lagaytha is a pro...we tried to let her hold Jill as long as possible so she could get her "fix" for a little bit!! I also saw Katy on Friday to bring her Culver's and I got to hold Jill again which was fun. She is so cute!
She is adorable!
Lagaytha holding Jill

On Saturday, Brandon was on call, so Lagaytha, Nick and I drove Joy up to the Cities to move her into her apartment. Now that I think about it, I don't think I have mentioned that Joy will be doing a traveling nursing assignment up in the Cities for 3 months until January. It will be fun to have her out here and she will get to experience her first Minnesota winter too! We got her moved into her apartment fairly quickly after getting a cart to put her boxes on. Then while Nick took a nap (the typical life of a resident!), we went to Target to pick up some things for her apartment. It came furnished with just furniture so she still had to get garbage cans, cleaners, etc. I think her apartment is in a perfect location as it is right downtown but easy to get to the freeway. We walked to dinner that night at Rock Bottom. Here are some pictures from the walk back:
I spent the night at Joy's apartment on Saturday night so that we could go shopping together the next day. We drove Lagaytha to the airport at 8am on Sunday as she was going back home and then walked 3 miles around Lake Calhoun. The fall colors have been absolutely beautiful so I took a couple of pictures with Joy's phone. I love walking around those lakes and would do that all of the time if I lived up there. It is pretty and it is fun to see other people working out!

In other news, the gas prices here have been going down each day since last week. I filled up at $3.23 at the beginning of last week and they are now $2.79...yay!



2 comments:
That picture under the bridge is gorgeous and it was taken with a phone?!?!?! You are quite the photographer! Do you think that you will come to Utah with Brandon in January???? I hope so!
Beautiful baby girl. Lagaytha still has THE touch.
Post a Comment