Brandon and I had a great time in Chicago this past week. We both flew in on Sunday and met each other at the hotel, the Millennium Knickerbocker, which used to be the Playboy Towers! After my meeting with the hotel staff, Brandon and I ate lunch at an Italian deli before going to see Mamma Mia at the Auditorium Theatre. We met my coworker and her aunt there and our seats were right next to each other. Our seats were in the middle of the balcony and we had a great view. The play was a lot of fun and it was great to see. Brandon slept through most of it but I think he did enjoy the parts that he did wake up to see! He had only gotten a couple hours of sleep the night before... Afterwards, we walked back downtown through Millennium Park since it was fairly nice out and ate dinner at Mike Ditka's. I love their pot roast nachos! Once we got back to the hotel, I set-up for my conference and by the time I got back at 9:30pm, Brandon was already asleep!
The conference went well and I was done on Monday and Tuesday by 3:30 or so which allowed us to walk around Michigan Ave. and then eat dinner at fun restaurants. I helped my coworker with another conference from Wednesday through Friday but we were done each day by 2:30 or so. Both conferences went well but I ate WAY too much at the conference and then at night for dinner... On Thursday, we walked down to Navy Pier which was fun. We hadn't walked on that side of town before so it was neat to see Lake Michigan and Northwestern University. There weren't very many people at Navy Pier and it felt deserted but it was still interesting to see. Afterwards, we walked back downtown and ate at ESPN Zone so that we could watch the Oregon State game. We had to listen to the end of it back at the hotel but it didn't turn out very well...
On Friday, the conference got done around 1:00pm and it was a nice day outside so we decided to take an architectural river boat tour. It was very interesting and we saw parts of the town that we hadn't seen before. We also learned a lot about the different types of buildings. Afterwards, we ate at a pizza place even though we had dinner reservations at a famous steak restaurant, Gibson's...leave it to Brandon and I to give up a nice steak dinner for pizza! We left the next morning to come home. It had been five weeks since Brandon had been in Rochester.
Reflection from the Bean



6 comments:
Love your pictures and stories! Sounds like you had a great time! Just a few comments...
1. The dessert Brandon ordered is crazy! :)
2. Congratulations on a successful conference!
3. The theater you saw Mamma Mia in was beautiful!
4. I love the bean sculpture!
I used a lot of exclamation marks, huh? :)
Looks like you guys had fun!! I recognized so many of those places from my trip there in Chicago...but I didn't take nearly as many cool pictures! I bet you are glad to have Brandon back home!We have to get together SOON - it has been way too long!
Nice pictures!
I love Giordano's too.
And congrats on your RACE!
The arrival of Lagaytha and Joy is good news. Enjoy the time together AND the move. Lucky Brandon. By the way, the sleep at the theater seemed to help; he appears more alert for the remainder of the week. The dessert looks daunting, however.
What a trip! Looks like you had fun! Brandon said your chicken curry was yummy...I think it should go on the recipe blog!
That architectual tour looks so cool to get to see so much of Chicago- on a boat! And so fun that you got to see Mamma Mia too, I wish it was still playing while we were there!! I can not believe that dessert- oh my goodness!!! And, I have always wanted to go to that Bean thing! Good job on your conference too!
Post a Comment