Ok, so I had a close call with Fred tonight. I think he has grown too big and when I scooped him into the ladle to clean his bowl, he jumped right out and was flopping all over the counter. I didn't know what to do since I didn't want to touch him...so he kept flopping around while I tried to pick him up with the little bowl I was trying to put him, all the while water was spilling everywhere. Finally, Fred landed on the paper towel, so I scooped him up and put him back into his bowl. It was quite a hectic 30 seconds or so. It would have been so sad had he died on the counter...I wouldn't have known what to do! Chest compressions on a goldfish?!? I fed him after I put him back in his bowl because I felt bad and as my dad told me, I just rewarded him for his bad behavior!
Needless to say, I am not planning on cleaning his bowl until I buy a fish net.... Also, if he dies from the shock of tonight's event, I don't think I could manage to flush him. Hopefully, he survives until Brandon comes home on Monday night!
2 hours ago



2 comments:
Fred's alive. No fish cakes today.
Poor little Fred! Good job on getting him back in!
See you soon!! I'm back!
Post a Comment